Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Have questions on moving to the cloud? Visit the Dynamics 365 Migration Community today! Microsoft’s extensive network of Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM experts can help.
2022 Release Wave 1 PlanDynamics 365 release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.
2022 release wave 1 plan
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Community | FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
Good evening community,
i am quite new to CRM and would truly appreciate your help and input on a matter I am currently trying to work on.
I am required to create a "Delivery Note" entity which basically works like e.g. oppurtunity, salesorder and/or invoice.
Is something like that realizable or at the very least in a similar fashion?Best Regards,
You can follow the next steps to achieve your request.
1. Open your app and go to Settings > Customization > Customizations > Customize the system
2. Due to the features of the entities you listed (Opportunity, Sales Order and/or Invoice), you need to create two entities to clarify the entities you need and how their details relate to the product.
a) Deliver Note
It can be created with reference to the Order entity.
b) Deliver Note Product
It can be created with reference to the Order Product entity.
3. Establish the relationships
There are 2 ‘N: 1 Relationship’ for the xxx Product entity. One is xxx Product to xxx and the other is xxx Product to Product.
So you need to establish to N: 1 Relationship for Deliver Note Product entity.
* It will also create a lookup field in Deliver Note Product entity according to the Lookup Field set in the Relationship.
a) Deliver Note Product: Deliver Note
b) Deliver Note Product: Product
c) Deliver Note: Order
4. After completing the above steps, the approximate Entities which you need has been created. You can create more fields to describe other details you need to record.
The Customer info can be created in Deliver Note entity.
The Quantity of the products, the Price for delivering the products can be created in Deliver Note Product entity.
It all depends on your specific requirements.
5. Add the Deliver Note into Sales.
Open the Site Map as the following picture.
Add the Deliver Note as you want.
6. Create some sub grids to show the specific information
a) Sub Grid for Deliver Note in the form of Order.
b) Sub Grid for Deliver Note Product in the form of Deliver Note.
Then you will see the related deliver notes to a specific order and the products in each line of a specific deliver note.
Hope this helps.
Hi i am also following Nya's suggestions but when trying to create a relationship between delivery product and product I am getting an "unexpected error" :(
It is likely that the name of the relationship already exists, so this name cannot be used. Please try a different name for the relationship.
Hi Hao, thank you for taking your time to help out!
I have a couple questions still:
1. Is it possible to have a inline editor like in the other entities?
2. I'd like to copy over all or selected line items to the Delivery Product subgrid (maybe with a dialog pop up)
Are these possible somehow?
Yes, it's possible.
I would recommend you post a new question for it, and I will help you there.
In addition, you can share more detail information about the question in the new thread.
Good evening Hao,
first of all, thank you a lot for your detailed guide on how to tackle this task!
now having read along I actually need something similar to what MusterMax needs (although those are only my assumptions)
What I'd like to implement is:
Have a button "Create Delivery Note" in the Order form that opens a dialog like it does when searching for records to select either all or specific product line items that are to be populated in the Delivery Note Product subgrid, while somehow keeping track of the products of the order that are not yet used in a delivery note (Perhaps with an option set?).
My first guess was to go with WEB API but I'd be thrilled to hear about your approach :)
Business Applications communities