Hi Team,

I am running CRM Dynamics CE on premise and am attempting to import the latest click dimensions into the environment and am receiving the following error.
A managed solution cannot overwrite a EntityRelationship component on the target system that has an unmanaged base instance. The most likely scenario for this error is that an unmanaged solution has installed a new unmanaged EntityRelationship component on the target system, and now a managed solution from the same publisher is trying to install that same EntityRelationship component as managed. This will cause an invalid layering of solutions on the target system and is not allowed.
8ce32f4d-0afb-47f2-aa33-11c296041717
Upon going to the SQL database and realising that it is the relationship labelled "cdi_lead_product" and it is set to unmanaged.
As clickdimensions is a managed solution, I changed the state of the relationship to managed then this caused the account entity to be uneditable.
We had to roll back to a backup of the entire CRM instance but now still need to update the CD solution but I am scared of changing the relationship state for fear it will break the account entity again

Please advise