Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Have questions on moving to the cloud? Visit the Dynamics 365 Migration Community today! Microsoft’s extensive network of Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM experts can help.
2022 Release Wave 1 PlanDynamics 365 release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.
2022 release wave 1 plan
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Community | FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
We installed CRM 2011 in a hosted environment with IFD. CRM and SQL Server are on different servers. We can run the native out-of-the-box reports but custom reports created with the Report Wizard return no data. We have already installed the CRM Reporting Extensions which were installed after the CRM installation and a check of the SQL reporting services to make sure the configuration was correct. We then registered the following SPN's
setspn -a http:/<CrmApplicationServerName><CrmAppPoolServiceUserAccount>
setspn -a http:/<CrmApplicationServer FQDN><CrmAppPoolServiceUserAccount>
We are still unable to run custom reports created with the CRM Report Wizard. However, we can run the same query via Advanced Find and get data output.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Can you check the settings on the report server side?
Log in from IE to http://*sqlservername*/Reports and compare the connection strings and other settings.
Are you able to run these custom reports from the Reports Server? If not what error message you are getting while running the reports.
We are having the same problem. Any custom reports created before the upgrade run just fine. Users can create reports using the wizard but they can't run them. Even system administrators are getting the same error when a report is created from the wizard. I also tried Mohammad Atif's suggestion and logged into the report server and tried running the reports from there. I was prompted for a username/password but the report didn't run and I got the same error I got from the application. We also followed some advice from: social.microsoft.com/.../565254e1-b34e-4c90-beb2-82f667fc76d5 and added a couple of users to PrivUserGroup and PrivReportingGoup groups but we still have the same error. We haven't applied SPN's yet because we had some consultants working on the upgrade and when SPN's were applied in the test environment it had to be completly reloaded. If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this error they would be greatly appreciated.
Moog Components Group.
Hello Kamthis and Holly.
Would you happen to have the error message? I guess you are running into the problem described in the following article:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011: Reports created by report wizard may fail when executing
The error I am getting is: The report cannot be displayed. (rsProcessingAborted). If I click Try Again I get: Invalid Argument.
So you are receiving the same error message as the one from KB 2590774 (rsProcessingAborted). I would follow this article and check if the problem is resolved.
Kamthis and Holly,
1) Do you have CRM Diag tool to capture trace.
a. Download the CRMDiagTool2011.zip from the following location:
b. Extract crmdiagtool2011.zip to the CRM server
c. Run CrmDiagTool2011.exe
d. Next, click on "DevErrors" tab. If Status shows as Off, then click on "Turn DevErrors On" button.
e. Recreate the error and copy the "DevErrors" and reply to us.
2) If you have already run the SPNs on the custom service account running CRM app pool please run following command on CRM server and do an IISRESET :-
Set the IIS useAppPoolCredentials value to True
1. Open an elevated command prompt window. To open an elevated Command Prompt window, click Start, point to All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
2. Navigate to %windir%\system32\inetsrv.
3. Type appcmd.exe set config -section:system.webServer/security/authentication/windowsAuthentication -useAppPoolCredentials:true
I had this issue and it turns out i did not have the SPNs configured correctly, check the SPNs for your accounts running the APPpool service have SPNs pointing at your SRS server.
This article is good: blog.simpletrees.com/.../mscrm-and-dreaded-rsprocessingaborted.html
I'm on 2013, and the error I was getting was: The report cannot be displayed. If I clicked Try Again I'd get: Invalid Argument.
I didn't get the (rsProcessingAborted) error though.
The trick was with the security role, i had to give access to "CurrencyExchange" or something like that, on the "Business Management" tab on the security role.
This was my issue too! My Security Roles didn't give me access to the Currency, and so the custom reports were not firing (logical, obviously)
The User also had a 'Basic' licence type, rather than professional.
Business Applications communities