Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 release wave 1Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through September 2020
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 1 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
Hello. I have a question in regards to the whole email activity tracking and email router setup.
Here is my ideal scenario:
1) All emails sent from inside outlook that are created by creating an activity when selecting a contact will be stored as closed activities in the particular lead/opporuntiy/contact/account.
2) All emails that are replied to by the client once they are sent to the entity (lead/opp/contact/account) should automatically be attached to that entity once they come in.
3) All outgoing replies to the email reply recieved from the entity should be attached to the entity record as well.
All of the above done automatically, without having to click track or "set regarding".
4) Whenever an email is sent from a mobile device using the exchange email account associated with the user I would like it to associate those emails with the entity that is receiving the email.
Basically what I want is to track all emails that are sent to and received from an entity (lead/opporuntiy/account/contact) whether they are sent fomr Dynamics CRM online web, Dynamics CRM online outlook plugin or a mobile device. And I would like this to be completley automatic.
Here is my current scenario:
1) I am running without email router, just the outlook plugin.
2) I create an email for a lead and send it to them.
3) They reply and while I am on the road I receive the reply to my iPhone.
4) I open that email up and reply to it.
5) That reply I sent using my iPhone isn't showing up in the activity page for that particular lead. I'm guessing this is because I sent it outside the outlook crm plugin and was using just my iPhone with my exchange account. I thought that maybe since Outlook is on 24/7 and it checks my sent folder it would see I sent a reply and attach it automatically.
This is a bit confusing and frustrating but such an important part of CRM. I can't have outside sales reps communicating with leads/etc and thne inside sales reps checking the history of that entity and not knowing the current communication.
Please help! Thanks.
There is really no way of doing what you ask with default functionality.
You have 2 choices.
1. Install email router and ask everyone to send cc with an incoming queue and track emails through that incoming queue.
2. Wait for the new release from MS thats upcoming in the next months and utilize the mobile functionality that should allow for tracking emails from your mobile phone etc. I belive it costs 30 dollars per user though. Cant remember exactly. You can check out ressources here through. crmpublish.blob.core.windows.net/.../ReleasePreviewGuide.pdf
I realize this post is 5 years old :) but if someone is still struggling with logging emails that are sent from a mobile device, then check out Liid. Liid's app tracks emails automatically no matter which device you send them from.
Business Applications communities