Business Process Flow (BPF) Stage Categories

Question Status

Verified
Leibish Ringel asked a question on 9 Mar 2017 10:57 AM

Hi,

I'm currently building a BPF, i want to know what are the differences between the stage categories in the global option set. The categories are, Qualify, Develop, Propose, Close, Identify, Research, Resolve, and Approval.

Can anyone assist me with this, please?

Thank You

Suggested Answer
Mihir Shah responded on 9 Mar 2017 2:11 PM

Qualify, Develop, Propose and Close are different stage category for the Opportunity BPF.

Identify, Research and Resolve are for Case BPF

You can use them for custom entity too. It will be mainly used for Reporting - for example - Opportunity funnel chart.

Verified Answer
Brian Hitchlock responded on 9 Mar 2017 10:42 PM

The first 4 apply to the Sales process. Lead to Opportunity. They are also the default stages in the Sales Funnel chart.

Stage 1 - Qualify - Is there a potential sale? - applies to Leads

Stage 2 - Develop - Conduct the necessary requirement gathering with customer to provide a proposal or quote.

Stage 3 - Propose - Present the proposal or quote to the customer.

Stage 4 - Close - Either receive an order or lose the sale

The next 3 apply to Service Cases

Stage 1 - Identify - Find customer account and related records. Get information on the issue or request.

Stage 2 - Research - Investigate the issue, search for prior solutions to similar cases.

Stage 3 - Resolve - Provide the solution, fulfill the request or whatever actions are necessary to resolve the Case for the customer.

Approval can be used wherever you want in a process. So if you have a process that needs the manager to review and approve a proposal before presenting to a customer use the Approval category.

Hope this helps!

Leibish Ringel responded on 10 Mar 2017 8:40 AM

Thank you. Now i definitely have a much better understanding with BPF. the next question i had with BPF, if you able to answer it as well, that would be great. Do these categories have an affect on the actual process, or is it just a name for the stage?

Verified Answer
Mihir Shah responded on 14 Mar 2017 1:03 AM

They do not have any affect on the business process.

It is a category for the stage.

Verified Answer
Brian Hitchlock responded on 9 Mar 2017 10:42 PM

The first 4 apply to the Sales process. Lead to Opportunity. They are also the default stages in the Sales Funnel chart.

Stage 1 - Qualify - Is there a potential sale? - applies to Leads

Stage 2 - Develop - Conduct the necessary requirement gathering with customer to provide a proposal or quote.

Stage 3 - Propose - Present the proposal or quote to the customer.

Stage 4 - Close - Either receive an order or lose the sale

The next 3 apply to Service Cases

Stage 1 - Identify - Find customer account and related records. Get information on the issue or request.

Stage 2 - Research - Investigate the issue, search for prior solutions to similar cases.

Stage 3 - Resolve - Provide the solution, fulfill the request or whatever actions are necessary to resolve the Case for the customer.

Approval can be used wherever you want in a process. So if you have a process that needs the manager to review and approve a proposal before presenting to a customer use the Approval category.

Hope this helps!

Verified Answer
Mihir Shah responded on 14 Mar 2017 1:03 AM

They do not have any affect on the business process.

It is a category for the stage.

Suggested Answer
Mihir Shah responded on 9 Mar 2017 2:11 PM

Qualify, Develop, Propose and Close are different stage category for the Opportunity BPF.

Identify, Research and Resolve are for Case BPF

You can use them for custom entity too. It will be mainly used for Reporting - for example - Opportunity funnel chart.