How to enable maintenance mode on our Dynamics environment for license configuration

Question Status

Verified
gweatherford asked a question on 5 Oct 2017 5:45 PM

I need to change a configuration key on our Dynamics 365 environment.  But, when I go to the correct window, it says that it is read only unless the system is in maintenance mode.  And to do that I need to run a maintenance job from LCS.

We looked everywhere on LCS and found no way to create a maintenance job.  Is this something that Microsoft has to do?

Also, is there some way that I can search this forum?  My answer may be buried somewhere in the forum, but I see no "search" button/field.

Thanks,

Geoff Weatherford

CVMBS, Colorado State University

Verified Answer
Sukrut Parab responded on 5 Oct 2017 7:52 PM

Here is documentation about Maintenance mode . Usually in production for such a kind of changes you need to create service request and no user can log in other than system admin who has Maintenance mode user role assigned

command to do that in VM

J:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory\Bin\Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.Deployment.Setup.exe --metadatadir J:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory --bindir J:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory\Bin --sqlserver . --sqldatabase axdb --sqluser axdbadmin --sqlpwd ********* --setupmode maintenancemode --isinmaintenancemode true

gweatherford responded on 6 Oct 2017 10:19 AM

Excellent information.  Thank you very much.

GeoffW

Verified Answer
Sukrut Parab responded on 5 Oct 2017 7:52 PM

Here is documentation about Maintenance mode . Usually in production for such a kind of changes you need to create service request and no user can log in other than system admin who has Maintenance mode user role assigned

command to do that in VM

J:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory\Bin\Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.Deployment.Setup.exe --metadatadir J:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory --bindir J:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory\Bin --sqlserver . --sqldatabase axdb --sqluser axdbadmin --sqlpwd ********* --setupmode maintenancemode --isinmaintenancemode true