How to give access to SysTableBrowser?

Question Status

Verified
add asked a question on 6 Oct 2017 3:43 AM

Hello Experts,

I am trying to give access to a user to be able to open tables with SysTableBrowser. I see that the role 'Information technology manager' has access to the menu item but when I add the role to the user this error shows:

'You are unable to navigate directly to this menu item systablebrowser.'

When I give System Administrator role to the same user there is no error. 

I also tried adding all roles except System Administrator to the user and the error is there.

I can't figure this out. I would appreciate any ideas.

Thank you

Verified Answer
Joris de Gruyter responded on 6 Oct 2017 12:01 PM

Consider adding a specific form to address the user's specific scenario needs. Using table browser in a production environment is not recommended, and in fact it will be locked down so don't depend on it.

Verified Answer
Sukrut Parab responded on 6 Oct 2017 12:41 PM

Hi Add,

Giving table browser access to user is not a good idea. Also I believe in platform update 10 its blocked /view only even for admins and  as Joris said its going to be locked down soon. So let user go through forms he/she has access to

add responded on 9 Oct 2017 1:04 AM

Hello guys,

Thank you for your answers. In my case the user is a power user. He had System Administrator before but with some changes in our organization our goal is to reduce sys admins in the system. So the idea is for him to use table browser (only in read mode) but not to have System Administrator as a role. Is this even possible? And if it is in read-only mode anyway, is it still against best practice?

Thank you

add responded on 9 Oct 2017 1:08 AM

P.S. Does "Locked down" mean we can use it but only in read-only mode or we can't use it at all (even for System Administrators)?

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 9 Oct 2017 2:37 AM

Hi add,

As of platform update 8 the table browser is in read-only mode. Joris is now talking about locking down which I think it means it will be taken out.

If so, it would be impossible for us to do proper troubleshooting or we have to depend on data entities which are complete and supported for all tables.

Verified Answer
Joris de Gruyter responded on 6 Oct 2017 12:01 PM

Consider adding a specific form to address the user's specific scenario needs. Using table browser in a production environment is not recommended, and in fact it will be locked down so don't depend on it.

Verified Answer
Sukrut Parab responded on 6 Oct 2017 12:41 PM

Hi Add,

Giving table browser access to user is not a good idea. Also I believe in platform update 10 its blocked /view only even for admins and  as Joris said its going to be locked down soon. So let user go through forms he/she has access to

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 9 Oct 2017 2:37 AM

Hi add,

As of platform update 8 the table browser is in read-only mode. Joris is now talking about locking down which I think it means it will be taken out.

If so, it would be impossible for us to do proper troubleshooting or we have to depend on data entities which are complete and supported for all tables.