Partner Source and Partner Source Business Center don't work with MS Edge

• Ken Cada posted on 13 Apr 2016 10:07 AM

I found at least two instances of MS Edge not working with Partner Source.  Downloading any updates is not possible using MS Edge.  Also the save button when trying to add professionals in the Business Center does save.  In both cases IE worked.  When I tried to contact MS for Website support, they only refer you to your company administrator.  So they don't want feedback to fix Partner Source.  This is not a good combination!

• Microsoft Dynamics Community Manager responded on 18 Apr 2016 10:25 AM

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding this issue. We have brought this up with our IT/Development teams and they have noted it. We will continue to work with this team to ensure correct accessibility for all users.

• Microsoft Dynamics Community Manager responded on 11 May 2016 3:08 PM

Hi Ken, 

Here’s the information I received from our IT/Development team around this issue.

This is built-in functionality with Microsoft Edge and Enterprise Mode. It ensures that legacy websites (older coded websites) and any websites that use controls that Edge doesn’t support (such as ActiveX, Browser Helper Objects, VBscript, or other legacy technology) can open up successfully with IE11 so there’s no lost functionality. Enterprise Mode is configured & managed at a corporation/enterprise level. 

Approximately 8 weeks ago some changes were made so both PartnerSource and CustomerSource will open in Edge if you are not logged in to a corporate network. Have you tried from your home pc?  

Thanks,

Archie Haus | Microsoft Dynamics Community Manager

• Emer Kenny responded on 7 Jul 2016 10:14 AM

Hi,

I'm having the same issue now (July 2016) in that PartnerSource will not work with Microsoft Edge - can't add new professionals, etc.

Is there a solution now??

Thanks,

Emer

• Microsoft Dynamics Community Manager responded on 7 Jul 2016 12:04 PM

Hi Emer,

Thank you for reporting this. Have you tried to access PartnerSource in Edge through a non-corporate network?

Also, what pages are you trying to reach specifically?

• Bethany Bain responded on 21 Feb 2017 11:26 AM

This problem continue to be an issue for MBS Partners supporting their customers.  Why would a Partner try to access the site ona Non-Corporate Network!!??!!   We are businesses that have been tasked to support and assist our customers with accessing their CustomerSource accounts (including adding new professionals) in VOICE.

Again - the site does not work in Edge or IE browsers - Business Center Page just loops continuously!!

In Google Chrome, the site at least launches, but once the information/form is completed for a new professional - the 'Save' button does not work!!

This is unacceptable for Partners and the Customers they support.  Please advise ASAP!!  

• Microsoft Dynamics Community Manager responded on 22 Feb 2017 1:44 PM

Hi Bethany Bain,

We’ll report this to the MBS Partner IT/Development team right away but can you please provide some additional information to help get to the root problem of this issue.

We are aware that Edge has some known issues due to built-in functionality with Edge and Enterprise Mode but were unaware about any issues with IE. Can you please repro and send step-by-step details along with screenshots?

• Nicholas Leck responded on 7 Dec 2017 12:59 AM

I have the same problem.