SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Notifications Bug

Provide Feedback Forum

• meenoo posted on 2 Jun 2016 7:58 AM
    My Badges

Hi,

Notifications which are under profile show me (1) all the time even though I have no new notifications. If I get a new notification it shows me Notifications(2).

It's not a big issue but an annoyance which I wanted to bring it to your notice.

Thank you. 

• Microsoft Dynamics Community Manager responded on 7 Jun 2016 2:38 PM
    My Badges

Thank you so much for pointing out this bug. We will include the fix for this bug in our next release which should occur by the end of the month!

Thanks, 

Archie Haus | Microsoft Dynamics Community Manager

• Vilmos Kintera responded on 1 Aug 2016 4:39 AM
    My Badges

Hi

Please note that I also have 4 stuck entries in Notifications, which do not show up under the Unread list.

Thank you

• meenoo responded on 1 Aug 2016 12:27 PM
    My Badges

Same here. Now it stuck at 4.

Thanks.

• Microsoft Dynamics Community Manager responded on 1 Aug 2016 2:49 PM
    My Badges

Vilmos Kintera & meenoo,
    We are still working on this bug and hope to have a fix released in the coming weeks. Sorry for the delay and any inconvenience. 

Thanks, 

Archie Haus | Microsoft Dynamics Community Manager

• Vilmos Kintera responded on 18 Nov 2016 2:38 AM
    My Badges

My notifications list is now completely broken, does not show any entries. Not sure if this is an isolated case, or if anyone else is experiencing the same. Kindly look into the issue, it has been going on for a while now.

• Microsoft Dynamics Community Manager responded on 18 Nov 2016 11:19 AM
    My Badges

I believe we found the bug!

When you go to your Notifications and select Unread do you see any error messages?

After deleting the error messages and refreshing the page, does the Notification counter in the dropdown show the correct amount? 

• Vilmos Kintera responded on 18 Nov 2016 3:25 PM
    My Badges

Once I have noticed that you have done changes, I was able to see the All notifications tab. Switched to Unread notifications and it did show 2 tabs for 30 notification messages. Tab 2 was empty, tab 1 did show notifications correctly. Once I have marked the last notification as Read, it stopped working for the Unread ones completely.

I am able to still see them with the All notifications filter, will be able to mark those entries as Read now.

• Vilmos Kintera responded on 18 Nov 2016 3:44 PM
    My Badges

Update: on the All notifications list after marking the recent notifications as Read, and going through the ones where notifications could not be loaded as per your screenshots (38 pages worth), I have been able to reduce the 11 stuck old unread notifications to 2. However, now in the All notifications list there is still probably a different bug. Once I switch to my second page of all notifications, the list goes empty, and also the Unread notifications list is blank too. The dropdown on the user profile shows there are 2 remaining still.

• meenoo responded on 21 Nov 2016 8:40 AM
    My Badges

I think the issue has been resolved for me as of today. Last week I was still having issues with the counter but today, it seems to be resolved. My counter is back to normal. In "Unread Notifications' I've seen the same thing as your screenshot and so I deleted those errors and everything seems to be good now.

Thank you.

• Microsoft Dynamics Community Manager responded on 22 Nov 2016 9:45 AM
    My Badges

meenoo - Glad to hear that the notifications counter is working for you! 

Vilmos Kintera - After clearing your Unread Notifications (delete or marking as read), refreshing the page and selecting the Unread Only filter do you get the following message?

• Vilmos Kintera responded on 22 Nov 2016 1:37 PM
    My Badges

My current notifications list after logging in shows 12, and only 10 of them which are recent are truly visible:

After marking them as read, the 2 stuck one are still there and switching to the Unread tab shows nothing:

If I switch to All notifications and tab 3, the list becomes empty on that tab similar to the Unread view, so something is still broken.

• Microsoft Dynamics Community Manager responded on 2 Dec 2016 2:41 PM
    My Badges

Hi Vilmos,

When you have the opportunity can you test this out again. We haven’t been able to reproduce on our end so we’re not sure if the fix we just deployed is going to work.

• Vilmos Kintera responded on 3 Dec 2016 4:05 PM
    My Badges

Unread tab: does not show anything. 2 notifications are stuck. Page 6 in all notifications list does not render any messages.

There must be still a couple of notifications/messages that are broken.

Thank you

• Microsoft Dynamics Community Manager responded on 6 Dec 2016 10:44 AM
    My Badges

Thanks for the update. We'll keep investigating why some of the null/failed notifications are not printing.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS