• Almas Mahfooz posted on 14 Jun 2017 5:27 AM

Search option is not working, Please check it.

• Microsoft Dynamics Community Manager responded on 14 Jun 2017 4:42 PM

Hi Almas,

Thanks for the feedback! Search works if you select the icon in the search bar, but not if you hit “Enter” on your keyboard. We opened a ticket to have our dev team investigate.

• Almas Mahfooz responded on 14 Jun 2017 5:10 PM

Thanks for quick reply. :)

• Béat Bucher responded on 24 Aug 2017 11:10 AM

Hi Eric & Dustin,

The "Search" box is completely broken at this time.. no matter if you try to hit ENTER or click on the find icon, it's only searching general Microsoft stuff (or I'd even say "store") and returns nothing from the forums . Try typing the word 'Payroll' and you'll see what happens... :-(

This is really frustrating..

• Microsoft Dynamics Community Manager responded on 24 Aug 2017 11:50 AM

Hi Béat, 

Thank you for reporting this bug. We updated our Header to a new version a few weeks ago and it's been buggy, especially Search. We are testing now and the ENTER key works for us, but not the find icon. We tested with Edge, IE, and Chrome on Windows 10 & 8. What version of Windows and browser are you using?

Until we have this bug fixed you can run searches here: https://community.dynamics.com/search

Thanks, 

Archie Haus | Microsoft Dynamics Community Manager

• Béat Bucher responded on 24 Aug 2017 12:06 PM

Hi Archie,

Thanks for replying so quickly.. I've just tested it with the ENTER key in Firefox and it works.. Firefox doesn't have the 'pre-emptive' filling mode as do have Edge & IE.. while typing a keyword, Edge is trying to find ahead, but likely returns results from the Windows Store... :-)

I re-tested it also with Edge & IE, seems to work with the ENTER key now.. Very strange, I'd swear it wasn't, but maybe it's just me :-)

Thanks for following up on this.

• Microsoft Dynamics Community Manager responded on 29 Aug 2017 3:04 PM

Hi Béat,

The Search box should now work using the Enter key and the search icon.

And we hope to have AutoSuggest disabled in the next week or two.

• Béat Bucher responded on 30 Aug 2017 7:21 AM

Hi Archie,

Yes the search box works again as before with the ENTER key & the looking glass icon :-)

The AutoSuggest feature works only in Edge & IE.. Firefox doesn't to bother with it.. must be a special code from Microsoft for their browsers only.. I haven't tried Chrome though.

Have a great day,

Beat