SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Can not Download and Install Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step 2012

Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step

Download and Install Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step 2012 asked a question on 16 Dec 2014 7:44 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Can not Download and Install Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step 2012, get the message: ensure you have installed the Active X control. To install the Active X control please be sure you have pop-ups enabled for this site. Need additional information.

Annette Theissen responded on 18 Dec 2014 12:59 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Please try it again in Internet Explorer.

I have trouble with the File Exchange Manager very often, too, using FireFox.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Annette

LECADOU responded on 22 Dec 2014 9:56 AM
My Badges

There are 2 ways to access SureStep:

You can install it on you computer or access it directly online.

1- installing  Surestep 2012 on a computer is little bit cumbersome. You can try the 2010 version. Please note that 2012  is just a documentation update of the 2012.

2- You can access it online at this address : https://mbs2.microsoft.com/Surestep/default.aspx

ValeriaM responded on 13 Jan 2015 8:16 AM

Using IE I cannot download anything, even though pop ups are allowed and Active X installed.

Moreover, when clicking  Learn more about File Exchange and how to use it. > The page cannot be found

The online version of Sure step opens but all the areas are "Refreshing" so no template/flow/document is visible.

Any idea if the service is down or a way to get around it?

Hi,

If some files are not downloading from the Microsoft site, it could be a company policy to block downloads from the Microsoft site as they would like to manage which updates and software is installed on work machines.

I have the same experience at a customer now. So I download some software on my own laptop at home (e.g. Management reporter CU11).

Check if you can get it when you log in e.g. at home.

ValeriaM responded on 16 Jan 2015 7:51 AM

Hi,

I am working from home and my laptop has no restrictions whatsoever.

I have cleared the browsing history and the cache, but nothing changed.

I will report to my It department if no one has other suggestions.

thanks

Robert Salmon responded on 22 Jan 2015 12:02 PM

Thank you for providing the link/url to the Sure Step site.  I read through several Microsoft/Microsoft Partner blog articles discussing the online 2012 version without providing a link.  So thank you very much! Bookmarked!

david omari responded on 23 Oct 2015 9:04 AM

thanks you very much for providing this link and giving the correct advice . it has taken me nearly 2 weeks to get this.. really appreciated

Patrick Friedrich responded on 6 Sep 2016 8:32 AM
My Badges

Hi, today i got the same issues with Sure Step.

I already used to try the link mentioned above but i cannot launch Sure Step Online, because  MS Silverlight isnt installed. If I try to install it, the System says, that I already installed the software. Cannot progess right now and don´t know what to do!?

I want to pass the certificate for Sure Steps but if i never saw it how should I answer those questions :)

Kind regards

Patrick 

mpeck@sucampo.com responded on 6 Sep 2016 12:43 PM

Can you uninstall Silverlight? If you are being prevented from installing, it may be the system reads the registry and finds an installation?

Patrick Friedrich responded on 12 Sep 2016 6:14 AM
My Badges

Yes, I´m able to uninstall Silverlight. I already tested to uninstall and install again. Same message appears that i have to install Silverlight. I just want to run Sure Steps discover the Software and to pass the certification. I also can´t find any older version of Sure Steps 2010. Any ideas? :(

mpeck@sucampo.com responded on 12 Sep 2016 10:42 AM
Suggested Answer

If you still have the download file, right click and select 'Run as Administrator'. Not having admin rights on the workstation is often the source of installation problems, even if you think you are an administrator.

Patrick Friedrich responded on 13 Sep 2016 1:57 AM
My Badges

If i run the file as administrator then windwos says, that i already installed the same version of silverlight.

The 4th Step to run Silverlight is to verify it. Is that optional or obligatory?

"Verify

Verify your installation by experiencing the Silverlight site.

For installation support, visit our support page."

I don´t know why the system doesn´t accept my installation and just runs Sure Steps....

Kind regards

Patrick

Edit: I tried to run it on IE and Chrome. Both are not working for me. Every time the same issue. I would also be fine if I just can run the Sure Step 2010 version but couldn´t find any file... Isn´t there any possibility to run the software because I want to work with it in the future but can´t access?

Sabih Ahmed Khan responded on 30 Oct 2016 7:04 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

User that face the situation where the FTM does not kick in when the MS site tries to download a file may be due to the IE 11 compatibility view settings.. By default this is 'on' and will prevent the FTM to trigger..

Go to :  Tools > Compatibility View Settings > Clear the box "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View"  & Check the box "Use Microsoft compatibility lists".

If you encounter some issues with older web site (either Intranet or Extranet) that don't display too well, try to add the website to the CV list in that window.

Annette Theissen responded on 18 Dec 2014 12:59 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Please try it again in Internet Explorer.

I have trouble with the File Exchange Manager very often, too, using FireFox.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Annette

mpeck@sucampo.com responded on 12 Sep 2016 10:42 AM
Suggested Answer

If you still have the download file, right click and select 'Run as Administrator'. Not having admin rights on the workstation is often the source of installation problems, even if you think you are an administrator.

Sabih Ahmed Khan responded on 30 Oct 2016 7:04 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

User that face the situation where the FTM does not kick in when the MS site tries to download a file may be due to the IE 11 compatibility view settings.. By default this is 'on' and will prevent the FTM to trigger..

Go to :  Tools > Compatibility View Settings > Clear the box "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View"  & Check the box "Use Microsoft compatibility lists".

If you encounter some issues with older web site (either Intranet or Extranet) that don't display too well, try to add the website to the CV list in that window.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS