SBX - Forum Post Title

Sure Step and O365 SharePoint Online Integration

Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step

Ian Carter asked a question on 13 Aug 2015 7:19 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Hi All,

I am currently unable to get the SureStepProjectWizard.xap file uploaded to a document library. We have just enabled O365 E2 for our organisation, and so SharePoint Online is very new to me. I keep getting the following error:

Sorry, your files couldn't be uploaded. The upload might be too large or the server might be experiencing high network traffic.

I have uploaded other file types successfully, and even changed the extension of this file to docx, which allowed me to upload ok (but I could not change it once it was in), so I think it is the extension. However, it is not classed as an invalid extension according to this :

https://support.office.com/en-ca/article/Types-of-files-that-cannot-be-added-to-a-list-or-library-30be234d-e551-4c2a-8de8-f8546ffbf5b3

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks,

Ian.

Ian Carter responded on 2 Sep 2015 4:55 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

I have fixed this specific issue - I was trying to upload the xap file to the root shared documents library. When uploading the file into the pwa shared documents library, it went in first time. I have another issue and I will create another post.

david omari responded on 26 Oct 2015 4:54 AM

Hi Ian..    Are you using SharePoint Online 2013.  I am getting the same error...

Sorry, your files couldn't be uploaded. The upload might be too large or the server might be experiencing high network traffic.

Could you kindly let know the steps you took to resolve the issue.   I am also new to SharePoint.  Looking forward to hearing from you.. Thank

Ian Carter responded on 29 Mar 2016 5:58 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi David,

Sorry for the late reply, I did not see this one come through. I was trying to get it to work in my Project Online site, and didn't have the right privileges. My Sharepoint Admin gave me global admin to sharepoint, but I still could not upload it. I then uploaded the xap to the sharepoint root document library, which I was able to do. Then I could show this in the Project Online site.

HTH,

Ian.

Ian Carter responded on 29 Mar 2016 5:58 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi David,

Sorry for the late reply, I did not see this one come through. I was trying to get it to work in my Project Online site, and didn't have the right privileges. My Sharepoint Admin gave me global admin to sharepoint, but I still could not upload it. I then uploaded the xap to the sharepoint root document library, which I was able to do. Then I could show this in the Project Online site.

HTH,

Ian.

Ian Carter responded on 2 Sep 2015 4:55 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

I have fixed this specific issue - I was trying to upload the xap file to the root shared documents library. When uploading the file into the pwa shared documents library, it went in first time. I have another issue and I will create another post.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS