Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Project Operations forum
Suggested answer

Close Quote as won and create Project Contract

Posted on by

Hello,

I am trying to close a Quote as won. If this is done, a Project Contract shall be created. Unfortunately that doesn't work. I saw one week ago in a TechTalk that this works. When I close the Quote it shows that it is "Processing" and after that nothing happens...

What I have done: Created a Lead -> if a lead has been qualified, an opportunity will been created -> create quote from opportunity -> create quote line(s) in the quote -> Create quote line details in the quote line.

When I want to close the Quote as won to create a Project Contract, the opportunity is on process stage "Propose."

Can anyone help here please? How can I create a Project Contract from a Quote which has been closed as won?

Best regards

DNC

• Giannis Tsak Profile Picture
    Giannis Tsak 120 on at
    RE: Close Quote as won and create Project Contract

Have you edited any if the attribute mappings? The values of the fields that an order inherit from the quote. I had the same problem and it was a custom optionset field in the order whose value was supposed to come from the quote and it was missing an option value.

• Suggested answer
    Matthew Lazowski Profile Picture
    Matthew Lazowski 3,163 on at

You should be able to see the error in System Jobs. I have seen this. As Juan Simon wrote often related to price lists.

• Suggested answer
    Juan Simon Profile Picture
    Juan Simon 996 on at

Hi DNC,

It has always worked fine for me.

Almost ALL the issues I have had in the past were because the setup was not done propperly.

Cost/Sales Price List, Roles, Organizationl Units, or steps were missed etc...

Please, check if:

-Contract got created but the system did not take you to that page (Navigate to Project Contract)

-Test with a different browser/user

-Any customization that was done and it is affecting the system (like deleting things from Forms)

-Using the wrong Organizational Unit (sometimes users setup prices in one and their user picks up another because it was not properly set)

Let me know if this works! If not, I would open a ticket with MS.

Cheers!

----------------------------------------------

Please mark my answer as verified if you found it helpful. This way the community can see there is a valid answer to the thread's topic.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans