Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics SL forum
Unanswered

One employee/multiple companies

Posted on by 1,170

I have a client who has several companies.  Some employees work across multiple companies.  What he'd like to do is pay these employees out of a "home" company, but allow them to work for the others.  This way, they would be receiving only one W2 at year end.  They have Multi-Company and this seems like a good solution, but I don't see where PR is MC enabled.

Any ideas?

Categories:
  • Toni S. Profile Picture
    Toni S. 2,645 on at
    Re: Re: Re: One employee/multiple companies

Make sure that the employer ID of the other companies is the same as the main one, if possible.  then it should combine them on W2s (or at least 1099s work that way).

• Stuart Nottingham Profile Picture
    Stuart Nottingham 1,170 on at
    Re: Re: One employee/multiple companies
    You're doing it fine, but this client doesn't have Time and Expense. They're using just payroll.
  • RedStorm Profile Picture
    RedStorm 1,350 on at
    Re: One employee/multiple companies

We may not be doing it correctly (disclaimer) but we have 4 companies and on their timesheets (done via Time and Expense module) they are working on projects that are tagged with different companies (on Project Maintenance screen).  So 1 employee may charge to Company A projects, and Company B projects on the same timesheet (i.e. is doing work for both companies).  But when payroll is processed it is processe for one company and there is only one W-2.  Is this similiar to your situation?  Or do you have other variables or questions that I might be able to answer?  Thanks!  Dave Simon

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,986 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,588 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans