Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Answered

Update Product Dimension Size in Released Product Variant in AX2012 through X++

Posted on by 742

Hi Everyone,

Recently I have restored Database from AX2012 Prod Environment to AX2012 DEV environment.

However, for one of the Released Products, required Sizes are missing from Size Master in AX2012 DEV. Please refer below screenshots..

Can anyone please tell me the root-cause of same? What workaround should be done to reflect the Sizes in all Released Product Variants forms.

I am still guessing how those sizes have been removed from Size Master, as we cannot delete Size when the Variant is created for same.

Could the corrupted database BAK file be the reason behind this? Or had someone deleted the sizes from SQL server?

For all remaining released products I can see the Size in Size master.

Below are the Production Ax2012 screenshots,

3513.PR01.png

5670.PR02.png

Below are the DEV Ax2012 screenshots,

AX2012DEV01.png

AX2012DEV02.png

• Verified answer
    nmaenpaa Profile Picture
    nmaenpaa 101,148 on at
    RE: Update Product Dimension Size in Released Product Variant in AX2012 through X++

Yes, you should restore your dev database from a backup.

Next time, you can copy prod db to dev like this:

1) Export your customization model from Dev

2) Export version control data, if you're using MorhpX version control

3) Restore prod databases to dev

4) Import version control data

5) Import the model that was exported in step 1

6) Full build, CIL, sync

And, of course you might need to change some setup in the database or your batches, SSRS etc will not work, and you might have integration issues, but that's another story.

• Rhushikesh R Profile Picture
    Rhushikesh R 742 on at
    RE: Update Product Dimension Size in Released Product Variant in AX2012 through X++

Hi Nikolaos,

Thank you. But we only restored Business database. As we are having some customization on DEV which has not been moved to Test and Prod.

To resolve the issue, restoring the database is the only option we are left with, correct?

• Suggested answer
    nmaenpaa Profile Picture
    nmaenpaa 101,148 on at

When you restored the database, did you take only the business database or also the model database? Normally you need to copy both. The only exception is if you have the same element ID values in both systems - and this can only happen if you have done modelstore deliveries from dev -> test -> prod.

• Verified answer
    Gunjan Bhattachayya Profile Picture
    Gunjan Bhattachayya 35,417 on at

Hi Rhushikesh,

I would suggest you try restoring the DB again and check if you can replicate the issue. Without anyone deleting the records, they shouldn't be missing.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,459 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,783 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans