Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Guides forum / Sharing a Guide with a...
Guides forum
Suggested answer

Sharing a Guide with another user using the same environment

Posted on by 2

Hi! 

I am planning to deploy Dynamics 365 Guides to students at my school. We hope to get 2 devices set up with its own shared user account for Dynamics 365 Guides.

(1) If I author a guide using one user account, can I share it with the 2nd user account? 

(2) In fact, if the 2 users have been added to the same environment, both should be able to see whatever guides were created in that environment, right? That is, there is no need to  share out the guides anymore? Is my understanding account?

(Unfortunately, i have only one Dynamics 365 Guides subscription at the moment so can't experiment with the devices to get my answers.)   

Categories:
  • RS-05071740-0 Profile Picture
    RS-05071740-0 165 on at
    RE: Sharing a Guide with another user using the same environment

(1) If I author a guide using one user account, can I share it with the 2nd user account?

Correct, as long as both users are Dynamics 365 Guides Operators within the same Environment, they should be able to see the exact same list of Guides. There is also a "Dynamics 365 Guides Restricted Author" role where you can limit the visibility of certain guides within that same environment.   Unless you want to restrict access, apply the Operator role for the second user in that environment. 

(2) In fact, if the 2 users have been added to the same environment, both should be able to see whatever guides were created in that environment, right? That is, there is no need to  share out the guides anymore? Is my understanding account?

Correct, both users in the same environment (with either Dynamics 365 Author/Operator roles assigned within the environment), should be able to see whatever guides were created in that environment.    There is no need to share out the guides if both users are within the same environment.  

You can start with a couple different example environments and install the Dynamics 365 apps within all of them: 
    Test - Testing new features of Guides where you don't want anyone else to see, allowing Test users to install the latest Guides app before rolling it out to Development or Production.
    Development - This is where you can develop guides with your training instructors and make changes before finally migrating them to production 
    Production - This is where finished Guides can be migrated to when you want to share with the general public

• Suggested answer
    Leah Ju Profile Picture
    Leah Ju Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: Sharing a Guide with another user using the same environment

Hi Rotifer,

(1)Please refer to the following link to know that how to share the guide with another user:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/mixed-reality/guides/admin-share-guide 

(2)The ability to see guides created by others depends on the security role assigned to the user:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/mixed-reality/guides/assign-role#assign-roles-to-a-user 

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans