Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics SL forum
Suggested answer

Management Reporter 2012

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

Hi when i try to make a new Report Definition on the report designer show me the next message: The Operation could not be completed due to a problem in the data provider framework, and i cant make a new report. i show you the event log ...

Nombre de registro:Application

Origen:        Management Reporter 2012 Services

Fecha:         10/22/2013 06:49:49 p.m.

Id. del evento:0

Categoría de la tarea:Ninguno

Nivel:         Error

Palabras clave:Clásico

Usuario:       No disponible

Equipo:        SvrDynamicsSL.NTRADD3.LOCAL

Descripción:

Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.DataProvider.Core.RequestException:

The source system request did not complete successfully. ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException:

The year is outside the allowed range.  \r\n

Minimum year allowed: 1000 \r\n

Maximum year allowed: 9999

Nombre del parámetro: currentYear

en Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.DataProvider.GeneralLedger.GLCalendar..ctor(Boolean isDefault, String name, Int32 currentYear, Int32 currentPeriod, GLFiscalYearCollection years)

en Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.DataProvider.GeneralLedger.DataMart.Data.CalendarAccess.RetrieveResultFromCache(IList`1 cacheItem, GLRequest request)

en Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.DataProvider.GeneralLedger.DataMart.GLProvider.GetCalendars(GLCalendarRequest request)

en Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.DataProvider.GeneralLedger.GLSystemProvider.HandleRequest(GLCalendarRequest request)

en Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.DataProvider.Core.SourceSystemRequest.Handle[TRequest](SourceSystemProvider provider, TRequest request)

en Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.DataProvider.Core.SourceSystemProvider.SubmitRequest(SourceSystemRequest request)

--- Fin del seguimiento de la pila de la excepción interna ---

en Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.DataProvider.Core.SourceSystemProvider.SubmitRequest(SourceSystemRequest request)

en Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.DataProvider.Core.SourceSystemProvider.HandleSubmit(SourceSystemRequest request)

en Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.DataProvider.Core.SourceSystemConnection.Submit(SourceSystemRequest request)

en Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.Reporting.DataProvider.Server.DirectLinkService.SubmitRequestDirect(SourceSystemConnection connection, GLRequest request)

en Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.Reporting.DataProvider.Server.DirectLinkService.<>c__DisplayClass25.<SubmitRequestInternal>b__24(SourceSystemConnection glConnection)

en Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.Reporting.DataProvider.Server.DirectLinkConnectionManager.UsingConnection[TResult](DataServiceConnection connection, Func`2 executor)

en Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.Reporting.DataProvider.Server.DirectLinkService.SubmitRequestErrorHandler[T](Func`1 requestSubmission)

Component: Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.Reporting.DataProvider.Server.DirectLinkService

User: NTRADD3\administrador

XML de evento:

<Event xmlns="schemas.microsoft.com/.../event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Management Reporter 2012 Services" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-10-22T23:49:49.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>7297</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>SvrDynamicsSL.NTRADD3.LOCAL</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.DataProvider.Core.RequestException: The source system request did not complete successfully. ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: The year is outside the allowed range.  \r\n

Minimum year allowed: 1000 \r\n

Maximum year allowed: 9999

Nombre del parámetro: currentYear

en Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.DataProvider.GeneralLedger.GLCalendar..ctor(Boolean isDefault, String name, Int32 currentYear, Int32 currentPeriod, GLFiscalYearCollection years)

en Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.DataProvider.GeneralLedger.DataMart.Data.CalendarAccess.RetrieveResultFromCache(IList`1 cacheItem, GLRequest request)

en Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.DataProvider.GeneralLedger.DataMart.GLProvider.GetCalendars(GLCalendarRequest request)

en Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.DataProvider.GeneralLedger.GLSystemProvider.HandleRequest(GLCalendarRequest request)

en Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.DataProvider.Core.SourceSystemRequest.Handle[TRequest](SourceSystemProvider provider, TRequest request)

--- Fin del seguimiento de la pila de la excepción interna ---

en Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.DataProvider.Core.SourceSystemProvider.HandleSubmit(SourceSystemRequest request)

en Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.DataProvider.Core.SourceSystemConnection.Submit(SourceSystemRequest request)

en Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.Reporting.DataProvider.Server.DirectLinkService.SubmitRequestDirect(SourceSystemConnection connection, GLRequest request)

en Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.Reporting.DataProvider.Server.DirectLinkService.<>c__DisplayClass25.<SubmitRequestInternal>b__24(SourceSystemConnection glConnection)

en Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.Reporting.DataProvider.Server.DirectLinkConnectionManager.UsingConnection[TResult](DataServiceConnection connection, Func`2 executor)

en Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.Reporting.DataProvider.Server.DirectLinkService.SubmitRequestErrorHandler[T](Func`1 requestSubmission)

Component: Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.Reporting.DataProvider.Server.DirectLinkService

User: NTRADD3\administrador</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: Management Reporter 2012

Paul Rebmann's suggestion worked for us. We had year 201 (yes, year 201) to 2017 listed. Removed all the years up to 1000 and things went back to normal.

• Kelvin Hew Profile Picture
    Kelvin Hew 195 on at

Thanks for the ideas from you guys.

We came across to this error too, the problem is resolved which due to the Fiscal Period Setup option.

One of the Company Consolidation Report hit this error, but not on reports that printed by individual company level. We try to print the conso-report by each company, and we found one of the company which was newly created causing the problem. Client has closed "All" the periods in the company, and non of the period left open (given in Financial, AP, AR, and Inventory Module). Once we open one the period in Financial Module, MR able to print without error anymore.

• Suggested answer
    Community Member Profile Picture

I am posting this in case it helps someone else in the future.

I resolved this issue after discovering that the problem was in the ManagementReporterDM database.  The FiscalYear table contained two records with years 4 & 5 respectively.  Attempting to delete these records I discovered that they were referenced by the Period table.  I found and removed the records that referenced the FiscalYearIDs that matched the bad records in the FiscalYear table, then deleted those bad records.  After restarting the MR services we were able to open reports for the company that previously had that problem.

Paul

Hi,

We are also getting this error on only one company with its own database, all other companies & databases are not throwing this error.

I have run the script mentioned in this thread, it did not find anything odd, I also ran separate queries on each of the tables in the script looking for less than 1000 or greater than 9999 and did not get any results.

SL & MR are on separate servers, MR is 2012 CU12 -(earlier versions of MR were on the same server as SL) - we have been through pre-Data Mart, Data Mart where each application database had a corresponding DDM database, and now one DDM database for the system.

Any ideas?

Paul

• Lyn Uesato Profile Picture
    Lyn Uesato 20 on at

We have the same issue with records with year 5000.  The originating entries came from AP and the GLTRAN Records are currently in UNPOSTED status.  What is the suggested way to delete these records?  You mention that you "deleted both the original entry and reversing entry to 3013".  Does this mean delete via a SQL Query?  Or since these transactions are not yet posted to GL, we could delete them from the Journal Transaction screen via initialize mode?

• RE: Management Reporter 2012

I ran this script for a client and found fiscal year of 0.  What should we do with this?  Thank you.

Hi Butch i try to do one report, (my first report on the report manager) i setup the report manager for the demo database and in this database the report manager run, there are some problem on the database, and i can't find.

• Butch Adams Profile Picture
    Butch Adams 4,757 on at

Ricardo,

Are there any reports that run or are we talking about just one that fails?

Is this a Legacy or DDM install?

If DDM, have you looked to see if the integrations are occurring properly?

Hi Paty i run the script and i have a 2013 fiscal year.

fiscal_year

-----------

(1 row(s) affected)

We had this error too.  An entry in the GLTran with fiscal year 3013 caused it.  Our reseller gave us this script to run to find the problem entry.  The accounting staff had already reversed the entry, so with their permission we deleted both the original entry and the reversing entry in the year 3013.

/*

Use this script to find incorrect company calendar information on the application database.  Look for a return of fiscal years out of the norm like 0, 3013, 2402.

*/

select fiscal_year from .dbo.vw_gltran union select fiscal_year from .dbo.vw_accthist order by fiscal_year

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans