Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Zero price on PO if no...
Finance forum
Answered

Zero price on PO if no trade agreement

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

Hello everyone,

I understand a vendor's trade agreement price for a given item will trump a standard cost value, and this is what is happening today. What I would like to do is, if a vendor does not have a trade agreement price on an item, I'd like to return a zero cost value back to the PO creation form on the line. I don't know if there's a method which would me to simply find if a given item has a trade agreement price or if there's a setting somewhere which would force a trade agreement price only and throw an error / warning if one does not exist for the given vendor.

Thanks in advance!

• André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 287,995 Super User on at
    RE: Zero price on PO if no trade agreement

Hi DHeisman,

Apologies from my side. There was an open question. You can disable the Latest price updates for this purpose on the released product details.

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Hi Andre,

Apologies for leaving you hanging. After some internal discussions and understanding (getting comfortable) of the purchase cost, we're going with the approach of keeping the purchase cost blank as you had suggested. However, when a new purchase price is activated, that field is populated with the purchase price amount. Is there a configuration which would bypass this feature OR is a modification required to achieve it?

Thank you!

Hi Andre,

I'm not quite sure why you say the released product purchase price is not related. I may not have been clear.

When I add a PO line for an item and a vendor who does not have a trade agreement price for that item, I see the PO line populate the price with the released product purchase price. As another point of verification, I modified this price value on the released product and added another purchase order line to verify. Perhaps I misinterpretted your response.

Thank you. 

• Verified answer
    André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Hi DHeisman,

The purchase price on the item master is not your cost price and also not related. It can be left blank. Then also ensure that it will not get updated automatically based on the latest purchases. Depending on the inventory costing model, the real invoiced value will be used for costing or a fixed price is you are using standard cost.

Hi Andre,

On the released products there is a price under the purchase section. I understand that to be an "average cost" of all purchase order costs for this item. And this same cost value appears to be what gets pulled by default when creating a PO line if no trade agreement value exists. I assume a cost is always required so the hierarchy would always fall to this "average cost", and there's no override.

I apologize for straying a bit off the topic above. In code, I'm currently exploring looking up the trade agreement cost and the standard cost, and if both are the same, then I assume there is no trade agreement cost. I'm extending SalesPurchLineInterface.setPriceDiscMarkup() to do this, but I'm not quite sure how to override the price value in _priceDisc as none of the fields can be accessed directly, nor are there methods available to update.

Thank you.

• André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Hi DHeisman,

If you don't setup a purchase price on the item master and don't have an actual price from a certain vendor, the price will already be zero on the purchase order lines. A warning/error should be customized.

We do offer a data validation framework where such rule can be setup instead of using coding for it.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,995 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,610 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans