Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics SL forum
Unanswered

Requisitions - Can you use Departmental Budget for a Services for Project line item?

Posted on by 65

It appears that the answer is NO.

For reqs, customer wants to charge line item to a project, but does not want to set up a project budget and approval. .  To test, I set up a brand-new project, and did not create a project budget, or assign project approval authority.  I enter the req, and select purchase type services for project and complete line.  When I select the budget tab, only the project budget frame is displayed.

When I change purchase for type to services for expense, change to an accout without an account category, and select the budget tab, I then see the departmental budget.

• SU-22040800-0 Profile Picture
    SU-22040800-0 2,389 on at
    Re: Requisitions - Can you use Departmental Budget for a Services for Project line item?

Hi Carolyn

Something off the question, but relevant, how do the requisitions factor in the over-budget check against asset accounts? Because the YTD figure includes prior year's balances (whereas expense accounts are reset to zero every year-end)

James

• Bill Perrin Profile Picture
    Bill Perrin 65 on at
    Re: Requisitions - Can you use Departmental Budget for a Services for Project line item?

Thanks Carolyn!

• Re: Requisitions - Can you use Departmental Budget for a Services for Project line item?

Hi Bill,

You are correct - the answer is no.  This is from the help files:

The Budget tab displays budget account and subaccount information if the selected line item is not associated with a project and task. If a project and task are assigned to the line item, only project budget information appears on this tab. The software checks for budget information when you submit a requisition for approval.

Let me know if you have additional questions on this topic.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,420 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,672 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans