Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics SL forum
Unanswered

SL2015 CU1 - F3 Lookup on ShipperID field on the shipper screen take 30 seconds to display results

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

I am on SL2015 CU1 after upgrading from SL2011.  The F3 function key on the ShipperID field is taking 30 seconds on the shipper screen to pull up the shipper list.  We have a lot of shippers like (300,000) but I would think SL could handle this in SL2015 because in SL2011 the same process takes about 1-2 seconds.  Anyone else experiencing this slowness on SL2015?  I have a ticket in and Microsoft has been looking at resolving the issue for two weeks now.  Just looking to see if anyone else is running SL2015 and if you are experiencing this slowness since upgrading.  Also my order screen is taking about 10-12 seconds which is also way to long for my end users.

From looking at my SQL traces it looks like Microsoft changed the code behind the F3 function on the ShipperID field between SL2011 and SL2015.

Thanks

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: SL2015 CU1 - F3 Lookup on ShipperID field on the shipper screen take 30 seconds to display results

OK, thought I was going crazy. My 2nd mistake was searching the Knowledge base. Also when I do get the document to come up the associated products are SL 2011 and SL 7.0. The Hotfix list is not associated with SL2015 in it's metadata.

All Results from KnowledgeBase

Sorry, no results found for: 3083965..

All Results from KnowledgeBase

Sorry, no results found for: 36193..

All Results from Community

Sorry, no results found for: 3083965..

Finally found in

SITE: CustomerSource (1)  

Customer Document Type: Downloads (1)  

Product:

Microsoft Dynamics SL (1)  

SL 2011 (1)  

SL 7.0 (1)

Hotfixes Available for Microsoft Dynamics SL 2011 and Later ...

mbs.microsoft.com/.../SLHotFixList

This list includes all hotfixes available for Microsoft Dynamics SL 2011 and later versions. Last updated 11/03​/2015

RE: SL2015 CU1 - F3 Lookup on ShipperID field on the shipper screen take 30 seconds to display results

Of course I didn't bother opening the SL2011 hotfix list which is really all hotfixes since 2011 including 2015 CU1. This bug is there but the link of course doesn't work. I also swear that I searched this bug number and found no results this morning and now when I go back in and search it comes up.

You mention the customersource hotfix list. I can find no such thing. There is no mention of post CU1 hotfixs or known-issues available to customers. I do believe the link above is available to partners but not customers. We have had this same problem for awhile and just got bug fix 36193 (4 months after is was published, which really burns my biscuits). This is why after just getting this bug fix I went looking for a post CU1 hotfix list and/or a known issues list so I don't waste time documenting a known issue or fighting to work around a solved issue.  If you are like me and just pay for software maintenance and not support you are out of luck. There is no way to solve these bugs inflicted on us except to pay for support. We have to pay our business partner by the hour consulting rates to get these. In my humble opinion if you pay for software maintenance the bug fixes or at least a list of known issues and their statuses. To not make this information available to customers who pay for support borders on mal-practice.

The fix for bug 36193 involves an update to the PVRec ProcAnFieldInfo in SYSDB and changes to indexes SOHeader13 and SOShipHeader19. The fix is dated 7/27/2015.

One workaround if this is not available to you is override the PV query timeout. Insert the following to the Solomon.ini file located under \Applications (for example, \Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\SL\Applications\solomon.ini).

[PossibleValues]

Timeout=<seconds>

…where <seconds> is an integer within the range of 1 – 999999999 (default is 30 seconds).

and if anyone can tell me where to find DSL 2015 hotfix and known issues list on customersource please let me.

We have the same issue using SL2015CU1.  However, as John Joyce reported,- the link for this hotfix just results in an error, even from the CustomerSource hotfix search list.  Has it been withdrawn?  We are experiencing delays of 20-30 seconds when using F3 on the Project Maintenance screen; this won't work for our users.

Thanks Jeremy, missed it earlier while scanning the H-F listing.

However, the link to download the H-F doesn't work for several of us:

mbs.microsoft.com/.../KBDisplay.aspx

Our Apologies ...

An error has occurred while retrieving this document. Please try your search again.

The Hot Fix was posted to KB 3083965.

Hi Jeremy, just wondering if there's been any update to this? I just reviewed the Hot-Fix listing and didn't see anything related to this issue.

mbs.microsoft.com/.../SLHotFixList

Thanks,

John

This is the response I got from Jeremy Recker above.  "I talked to the Developer working on this and it looks to be an issue with other PV’s as well so he is going to work on creating a Hot Fix for this.  Once the Hot Fix is ready I will let you know so you can get it installed on your system."  

I was told on June 19th that it will take weeks at a minimum to get this hot fix ready. I just don't understand because I was told by Microsoft that other clients have large number of orders/shippers like my company does and they don't have an issue and now they come forward and admit that there is an issue after I spent weeks working with them to prove it.  My case has been open now for 40+ days.

My company just installed SL 2015 (not CU1) this past weekend and we have about 490k shippers and are experiencing this issue as well.  As a temporary and workable (though terrible) fix we modified the PC to only pull the last 12 months of shippers so it limits the rows returned.  Makes it faster as that limits it to about 36k rows but obviously no good if we need to pull up an older order.

Joe Miller

Flo-Tech

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,835 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,526 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans