Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics SL forum
Answered

Suspended Receipt Batch

Posted on by 1,270

Hi All

I have encountered an issue with a client that I have never seen before.   On attempting to release a return receipt batch in purchasing the user encountered a system message 10232 - Assertion Failure error message.

On checking the event log created, the log file indicates  - System Message 17324: Warning - in batch 494166 transaction amount exceeds cost  layer amount.

The inventory item is using FIFO valuation method so their are cost layers due to the method.  I am not sure how to go about to correct this issue.

Any assistance in this issue will be appreciated.

Thanks

Regards

• Verified answer
    Mark E Profile Picture
    Mark E 6,405 on at
    RE: Suspended Receipt Batch

The message indicates that the amount of the PO Return exceeds the total cost remaining for the FIFO layer it is reducing (I'm assuming it is taking the qty down to zero).

Some other transaction has probably diluted the FIFO cost layer, causing this issue.  Simplest solution would be to compare the cost of the PO Return against the cost remaining in the FIFO layer, and enter a "cost only" (no change in Qty) Inventory Adjustment for the variance so that the PO return can be processed and take the FIFO layer down to zero.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,420 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,672 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans