Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Commerce forum / How to get text ID for...
Commerce forum
Unanswered

How to get text ID for labels in Dynamics 365 Modern POS so that it can be edited using Language Text configuration

Posted on by 6,145 Super User

I am trying to edit few text labels in Dynamics 365 modern POS. In AX 2012, we used to add the parameter -tr to the enterprise  POS shortcut to get the text IDs  of all the fields. However, on Modern POS I am not able to do it. Any tip on how I can get the text IDs for labels in Modern POS ?

• Shafeeque Mohammed Profile Picture
    Shafeeque Mohammed 6,145 Super User on at
    RE: How to get text ID for labels in Dynamics 365 Modern POS so that it can be edited using Language Text configuration

Wish there was an easier option to turn it on so that a non technical person can turn it on.

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: How to get text ID for labels in Dynamics 365 Modern POS so that it can be edited using Language Text configuration

Thanks Patrick but it seems like there is no config.isDebugMode in the Pos.js file. I have search in the file and there is no such variable.  

Yes, I faced the same issue in CPOS in D365O-1611/U6. But Shane Erstad and Ranjith Kumar Thallapeli were so kind to guide me here, so special thanks to them. I am happy to share my findings:

General: the visibility of the Developer Mode options in the POS' Settings screen (technically: 'View') is dependent on the config.isDebugMode setting in the pos.js file. In order to have the Developer Mode options visible you need to set this parameter to true.

1. For CPOS, these settings are respected and cached at run time, so the procedure to update the setting would be as follows:
      • Navigate to the webroot folder of the cloud POS IIS web application. In IIS, you can find this by selecting the RetailCloudPos web site under sites -> right click and choose explore
      • Copy the pos.js file to a local folder, for example c:\temp
      • Copy the file again and name it pos_orig.js, so you're always safe having a copy of the original file before making any changes
      • Open the pos.js file with Visual Studio or a text editor
      • Find the Config.isDebugMode option and set its value to true.
      • Save the file
      • Copy the file to the webroot folder and confirm to overwrite
      • Restart the RetailCloudpos web site
      • Clear your browser cache
      • Open the CPOS client, perform device activation and login
      • Now you'll see the Developer Mode options are back in town again :).
    2. For MPOS, the pos.js settings cannot be taken dynamically (at run time). They need to be included in a built. So first you update the setting in pos.js and then you include that file in a new built.

Patrick

@Patrick there is no such option in MPOS with the latest version.

Open the POS client (MPOS or CPOS). Go to Settings > Developer mode.  Turn on Developer Mode and then enable Show String IDs.

RE: How to get text ID for labels in Dynamics 365 Modern POS so that it can edited using Language Text configuration

Hi, 

+1 on that Question! I want to know the same thing. 

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,986 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,588 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans