Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Commerce forum / Product Pictures are s...
Commerce forum
Answered

Product Pictures are showing small and how to stretch in Retail MPOS search Screen

Posted on by 465

Hi,

1. In Product search  I can see the products with images/Pictures. I noticed these pictures are shown in small sizes with white backgrounds on each team. Can anyone advise how to fill full or in other words stretch? I want to show full on each product.

2. It is also required to put the default show card view instead of changing it every time by the user

Warm Regards

ImageinListNeed-toScretch.png

• Shafeeque Mohammed Profile Picture
    Shafeeque Mohammed 6,146 Super User on at
    RE: Product Pictures are showing small and how to stretch in Retail MPOS search Screen

I tried with  dark theme. Still the images are looks fine. I would recommend you to test this on latest CSU and MPOS version. Looks like a product bug to me.

pastedimage1668078308237v1.png

• Krishna Kodidala Profile Picture
    Krishna Kodidala 465 on at
    RE: Product Pictures are showing small and how to stretch in Retail MPOS search Screen

You may be correct because you are using theme color light. In that case, the Theme color and empty colors get mixed, and you find the image status.

If we change to dark, we can see the difference, in how the image is shown in the center of the card, giving white space around.

Advice on any other theme color we can define

VPThemeColor.jpg

If I change the Theme, to light then the whole screen looks light. There we select the item list card type, the empty space white is mixed with the background theme light color and the images look ok, but it is not correct.

• Shafeeque Mohammed Profile Picture

That is strange. The above test results I shared are from latest version of Store Commerce App with a layout resolution of  1440x960. Which version of POS are you currently running on ?

RafeeqTestImageError.jpg

• Suggested answer
    Shafeeque Mohammed Profile Picture

1. What is the size of the images you are uploading ? Based on the images from Contoso demo environment we are using 560x560. We have used both white background and black background. Both seems to look fine. Screenshot below.

pastedimage1667982034236v1.png

Can you uploading one or two images from below and see how it is coming. 

https://blog.shafeeque.in/wp-content/uploads/Products/91014_000_001.jpg

https://blog.shafeeque.in/wp-content/uploads/Products/91100_000_001.jpg

https://blog.shafeeque.in/wp-content/uploads/Products/91010_000_001.jpg

2. I don't think there is an out of box method to default a view. On our system, product search is showing list view and Products Catalog view is showing Cards by default. If the idea is to get a view like restaurant menu, you can trying static button grid with images

• Verified answer
    huijij Profile Picture
    huijij 19,803 on at

Hi Krishna,

In order to maintain responsiveness of the POS client user interface (UI) and performance while loading different kinds of images, we recommend that you prepare your images to be an appropriate file size respective to the purpose of use. For example, product and category images in the Contoso demo data are sized at 500 x 500 or 580 x 580 pixels.

With the Products media template, you can select the number of product images to show per product. You can also set the default image for a given product. In this way, you can prevent blank images in MPOS and help to control which image is used as the default image for a product item.

learn.microsoft.com/.../set-up-manage-images-retail-mpos

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,459 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,783 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans