Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Customer Insights - Journeys forum
Suggested answer

Filtering Drop Down fields based on another Field on Form

Posted on by 2

Hi all,

First time posting in the forum. Please forgive me if this is not the right forum for my query.

/-----------------------------------------

This is Customer Insights Journey Form query.

I have a form/requirement with a few fields including a couple of drop down fields.

One of the fields on the Form is called 'Industry'. This is a dynamic field from a filtered view.

Ideally, If a user selects 'Health' industry for example, THEN, the next field which is a drop down of Products should be filtered to SHOW ONLY 'Health' related products.

*Each product is linked to an industry with the CRM.

Just wondering if this above scenario is possible please.

/------------------------------------------

Thank you in advance.

• Suggested answer
    XS-17051405-0 Profile Picture
    XS-17051405-0 2 on at
    Hi there,

I work a lot with Realtime marketing forms and I have used Chat GPT 4 to write javascript to do advanced stuff like show and hide, make required or non required and clear guest fields if the attendee is bringing a guest and I have had success in doing that. 

What I noticed is that the html script has the view guid embedded on on it. You can use chat GPT to write a script that will replace that guild on the lookup field with the one that has the correct filter. I have not tried this but I have realized that there is no limit when it comes to Javascript, you can do really advanced stuff and be successful at it. 

This is the view's guild on on form html for my lookup called dietary:

Here is the view guid in dynamics: 

From that, you can see that my selected view for that field is active dietary. 

If I had time I would try it, give it a go, i think it is possible. :)

Good luck!
  • AdmWombat Profile Picture
    AdmWombat 138 on at
    I agree with Cui Hao. We've been wanting the same thing for a while. In other platforms they are called conditional fields which do exactly as you described. I guess Microsoft is more focused on AI than figuring out basic form functionality.
    I have seen some posts suggesting using Javascript, like this one, https://community.dynamics.com/forums/thread/details/?threadid=546925aa-82a5-45ad-b1ba-dbc4c994e81b.
    But we are marketing people and shouldn't have to hire developers to build basic form functionality. 
    #dobettermicrosoft
  • Suggested answer
    Cui Hao Profile Picture
    Cui Hao on at
    Hi,

I'm afraid that's not going to happen.
    I'm testing this in the real-time module, and both the product lookup field and the industry lookup field are view-based, which means that only records in a specific view will be displayed.

When clicking on a lookup field in a published form, a web request is generated to return a view-specific record.
    This request is system designed and cannot be customized to return custom records.

If you have an outbound module, you can refer to the following link to do so:
    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-insights/journeys/developer/filter-cities#3-add-read-permission-for-the-service-user//
    If my answer was helpful, please click Like, and if it solved your problem, please mark it as verified to help other community members find more. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,
    Cui Hao

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans