Skip to main content
Microsoft Dynamics GP forum
Answered

Vendor email address (emailtoaddress field) auto correcting to outlook address name.

editSubscribe (1) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 10

Hello,

We have an issue where Vendor email addresses that are entered in the emailtoaddress field are auto correcting to the outlook address name and not keeping the actual email address.  If i enter john.smith@company.com and that email address is an active directory user then the field auto corrects to John Smith .  We're on GP 18.3 and currently use MAPI as our email method.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David

• RE: Vendor email address (emailtoaddress field) auto correcting to outlook address name.

Thanks for the response Justin.  You are correct.  For a temporary workaround i removed the few users outlook profiles from the terminal server where GP is installed.

• Verified answer
    RE: Vendor email address (emailtoaddress field) auto correcting to outlook address name.

Hello David,

If you are using MAPI, then most of the email fields within GP will check against your address book prior to saving.

Usually it will work, but some situations do lead to odd addresses being used.

I am not aware of any way to turn this off.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Quick Links

What Motivates a Super User?

We know many of you visit the Dynamics 365 Community and Power Platform…

Demystifying Copilot with Georg Glantschnig…

Industry experts answer burning questions directly from our amazing Community…

Setting Up Knowledge Sources for Copilot…

Look at how configuring a comprehensive knowledge base is crucial…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,045 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 222,570 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,138

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans