Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Suggested answer

SQL server migration

Posted on by 910

Hi,

We migrate the version of server environment from SQL 2008 to SQL 2012. Our customer is en French language in PRODUCTION. Here, we notice some issue like : 

All box YES NO are in English => even if we are in french in AX, we still have English all gialog

pastedimage1594984414345v1.png

We notice that in old server all combobox work fine but in the new version we can't get it to select informations

pastedimage1594985291732v1.png

We have also issue in date here we try to create a duration for 22/07/2020 but it take 2:00:00 in time so in old version the time is 22/07/2020 00:00:00

pastedimage1594985731813v1.png

Do you have any idea what the messing setup in server AOS ?

Thank you in advance for your help

Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    nmaenpaa Profile Picture
    nmaenpaa 101,148 on at
    RE: SQL server migration

You are on unsupported version. Why did you install new AOS? Perhaps you can use the old AOS assuming you only wanted to update the SQL server.

To me it seems that the issue has nothing to do with SQL server update.

If you need more help, could you try to describe in more detail what problems you have, and what is the expected and actual outcome in those cases. Thanks!

• ALAhmed Profile Picture
    ALAhmed 910 on at

Thank you for the quick reply.

Yes , we create a new sql server environment and we reinstalled a new AOS server environment too. We are in AX 2012 R1 CU7.

If i connect to this AX from an old environment all combobox works fine but if i connect from the new environment some combobox are gone.

Many thanks in advance

• Suggested answer
    nmaenpaa Profile Picture
    nmaenpaa 101,148 on at

One more question, what is your exact AX version?

Earliest AX2012 versions don't support SQL Server 2012 without installing some updates.

"SQL Server 2012 is supported by default with AX 2012 R3 and AX 2012 R2. To use SQL Server 2012 with an earlier version of AX 2012, you must install cumulative update 3 (mbs2.microsoft.com/.../KBDisplay.aspx for AX 2012. "

• Suggested answer
    nmaenpaa Profile Picture
    nmaenpaa 101,148 on at

These issues don't seem to be related to updating of SQL Server version.

How did you do the update/upgrade? Myself I would create a new SQL Server, move AX database there and then point AX to this new database.

Did you change something else than the database?

• Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 225,610 Super User on at

How exactly did you do the migration? Does the sentence "any idea what the messing setup in server AOS" means that you reinstalled an AOS server too (not just upgraded SQL Server installation on a database server)?

Can you also please elaborate the statement "we try to create a duration for 22/07/2020 but it take 2:00:00 in time so in old version the time is 22/07/2020 00:00:00"? It sounds like you changed the timezone of a server, but it's difficult to say exactly without more details.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,995 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,610 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans