Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics SL forum
Unanswered

System Message 7011 ROI get RIPARAM failed for Reporting. Error = 56005. Unable to remove file prior to export.

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

Does anyone know how to resolve the above error in SL 2011 FP 1 SP2?

We are getting it when running the IN Reprint Batch Control Reports. 

The error occurs on the GL report 01AcctDi which is a standard report.

Thanks,

Chuck

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: System Message 7011 ROI get RIPARAM failed for Reporting. Error = 56005. Unable to remove file prior to export.

Walt/Rick/Jane/Elaine

Thanks for your help.

The user resolved the issue by getting a new laptop.

Chuck

• WaltBlanchard Profile Picture
    WaltBlanchard 480 on at
    RE: System Message 7011 ROI get RIPARAM failed for Reporting. Error = 56005. Unable to remove file prior to export.

Check the method of export and exporting in the new version of Crystal.  I can't find it at the moment, but, I was reading the other day that a few methods of export in Crystal had been removed in the version that supports SL 2011.  That may be your problem.

Rick

We tried the fix above, but the user stil has the same issue.

Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck,

One would think so but, obviously, something is different.  When trying to figure out the cause of something, sometimes the best approach is to eliminate what is not the cause thereby leading to the cause.

So, does this one user get the same error if they run the reprint batch control reports?  That should be running the exact same report set. Has this particular report been customized?  Look in the usr_rpts folder for this report and if found, rename it and try again.

You indicated that you are using the SL 7 version of that report because you were having issues with the SL 2011 version.  My clients are not having issues with the 2011 version of that report so, perhaps, we should address those issues.  Does this one user get the same error if you use the 2011 version of that report?  I am not saying the problem is because you are using the SL 7 version of the report but we cannot eliminate that either at this point.

I keep coming back to the fact that the error is saying it cannot remove a file.  As far as I know, this report should not even be trying to remove a file if it has not been customized to print to a file instead of a printer or if this failing workstation is not redirecting the output to a file (e.g., a PDF printer driver).  There is some part of the puzzle we are still missing.

Rick

Thanks again for the info above.

If the user ran the report in SL 7 shouldn't he be able to run it in SL 2011 regardless of if he is exporting, etc?

Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck,

You can update standard SL reports but you have to same any such report in the user_rpts folder or turn off the read-only attribute of the report in the application folder.  If you save the modified report in the application folder then it will be overwritten with the next install you do so, at best, your change is temporary.

However, Jane's suggestion is likely not to fix the problem as you have said only one workstation has this issue so the report definition or table source cannot logically be the problem.  The next logical possibility might have been something to do with the ODBC definition to the database on this particular workstation but since you did not indicate that any other reports are having this issue, and they all go through the same ODBC definition, that seems to eliminate that as a possibility.  You also said you looked at the printer setup for that report and it had the no printer option checked which probably  eliminates a printer driver issue.  What has me wondering most about is the fact that the message implies that you are trying to export the batch control report to some sort of file as opposed to printing it.  Since you do not have the standard ROI interface to this report you cannot change the output to print to a file the same way you can with other reports.  It makes me wonder if the issue could be that the Solomon.ini file has an entry for this report changing the output to a disk file (e.g., the user wanted stop getting batch control reports upon releasing batches but not for everyone so they found a clever way to make this happen on this one workstation).  Or, the printer driver for the selected SL printer on this workstation has a redirect to something like a PDF generator and the generator is trying to delete the specified file the output is directed to but this user does not have sufficient rights to that folder to delete a file.

I have no idea if any of these thoughts might be applicable but I threw them out there just in case.

Jane

Thanks for your input, but I don't believe I can update standard reports in crystal, correct?

Thanks,

Chuck

Rick

Thanks for the input above.

It is very odd as he only has the issue on his workstation, but no one else has the issue.

I will review with the client.

Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck,

You may have tried this already but just in case.

Since this only happens on one workstation I would suggest that you try uninstalling the SL client using the add/remove programs and then re-installing it by right clicking the setup.exe file in the wrkstn folder and selecting run as admin.  You might also want to make sure the user that is getting the error has local admin rights.

• wahoo Profile Picture
    wahoo 275 on at

Try doing an update on the report tables from  Set Datasource Location .    In Crystal Reports, go to Database > Set DataSource Location, select the database in both the top and lower windows, click update.   Select a table in both windows, click update,  then do this for all tables.  

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans