Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Import of expenses det...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Import of expenses details via Data Management on Microsoft dynamics 365 Finance and Operation

Posted on by 3,065

Hi Everyone,

I have trying to import expense on Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operation, I need help on the right targeted entity i needed to select so as to import my expense via the data management on Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operation.

Will appreciate your quick response on the post.

Thank you 

Disu Ridwan

• Ankit Life Profile Picture
    Ankit Life 563 on at
    Import of expenses details via Data Management on Microsoft dynamics 365 Finance and Operation
    Hi,
    Have you been able to import data successfully into Expense report? Is it supported through new custom data entity? Is there any error for expense transaction number?
    Regards,
    Ankit
  • amigup1982 Profile Picture
    amigup1982 150 on at
    RE: Import of expenses details via Data Management on Microsoft dynamics 365 Finance and Operation

Its T&E expenses. I guess then I have to create a data entity to import data.

Thanks !!!!

• Suggested answer
    Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: Import of expenses details via Data Management on Microsoft dynamics 365 Finance and Operation

if it's project expenses then try using open in Excel and upload from there.

If T&E expenses, then could create a new data entity as Andre suggested

• amigup1982 Profile Picture
    amigup1982 150 on at

Hello Disu,

Did you created new data entity to import expenses? I too am looking for a data entity that could help me import Expenses from an excel sheet.

Best Regards,

Amit Ashok Gupta.

• Ridwan Profile Picture
    Ridwan 3,065 on at

Thanks for the information provided.

Will try and work around creating new data entities and see how it works.

Will get back to you as soon as i worked out on it.

Thank you

Disu Ridwan

• André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 288,459 Super User on at

Hi Disu,

In that case, you can see if it would be possible to use the Expense service which is also used by the standard Expense app. As far as I have seen, there is no entity to support Expenses using data management. To be able to import them as expenses, you then should create your own data entities if the service is not suitable for your data.

• Ridwan Profile Picture
    Ridwan 3,065 on at

Thanks Andre,

I have Exported all the expense from quick-book online. I want to Import it to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operation as expense too.

Thanks you,

Disu Ridwan

Hi Disu,

I'm not familiar with Quick-Book. You should think how and where you want to have the expenses details. Do you want to import it in the Expenses from D365 or do you want to import it as e.g. ledger transactions. Once this is known, we can try to help you further.

• Ridwan Profile Picture
    Ridwan 3,065 on at

Hi Andre, 

Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate your support.

I wanted to import all expense i exported from quick-book online to Microsoft dynamics 365 finance and operation.

What prompted the importation of data is that we were not able to migrate data from quick-book online version we have to newly acquired Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operation.

Regards,

Disu Ridwan

Hi Disu,

If your question is related to project expenses only, you can use the entities Project expense journal header and Project expense journal line. For travel and expense, you let users enter the expenses in D365 or on a mobile device.

If you are using a third party product, you can probably use data entities related to general journals or develop your own entities.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,459 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,783 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans