Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Failed with error DVT ...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Failed with error DVT script for service model: MROneBox on machine

Posted on by 948

Hi 

Now, my current Platform is 15, I am going to update it to 21 with Binary Upgrade. However, I failed at my the last step. It gives me the error is

"DVT script for service model: MROneBox on machine".

I followed the link https://community.dynamics.com/365/financeandoperations/f/765/t/299208

and blog http://d365foe.blogspot.com/2018/01/how-to-solve-issue-when-dvt-script-for.html but I still failed.

Here is my step.

1. Stop Management reporter service, batch job service and world wide web publishing service

2. Follow the commands from the blog. (In my VM, the file was in K)

4341.12.png

3. Start Management reporter service, batch job service and world wide web publishing service.

4. Resume

But I still got this error.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem.

Best Regards,

JustZM

• jbonomo Profile Picture
    jbonomo 380 on at
    RE: Failed with error DVT script for service model: MROneBox on machine

I followed the same steps as Harshith Sarabudla suggested and worked.

• RE: Failed with error DVT script for service model: MROneBox on machine

Go to Service volume (K):\DeployablePackages{latest RunbookId folder}\MROneBox\scripts\Update\

Find the DVT execution script: MROneBox\Scripts\Update\AutoRunDVT.ps1

Make a copy of the file.

Edit the original, clear all contents so the file is empty, save the empty file

Verify that AutoRunDVT.ps1 is empty.

Resume the update from LCS

• Suggested answer
    Dieter Profile Picture
    Dieter 127 on at

We faced the same issue while upgrading a D365 Finance and Operations environment through the LCS platform. I believe the PU version does not matter, but in this case it was PU25 to PU26.

In our case, this step executed a validation that an endpoint is available. It referred to 'environmentaossoap.cloudax.dynamics.com/.../InformationService.svc&;. This failed with a timeout error.

In the IIS manager on the VM where the AOSService website exists we saw that there are two https bindings. One to the environment and one '...aossoap...'.

From the VM we could browse to the first binding, but not to the second. Which is still strange, but... Eventually it turned out that our https configurations on the Network Security Group were too strict. We had to allow inbound traffic coming from the Public IP Address of the cloud-hosted VM.

• Kevin Carr Profile Picture
    Kevin Carr 80 on at

This might be different for you, but I was facing this issue on a SAT instance which we had moved a onebox / development database to for upgrade testing.  I noticed in the logs at C:\DynamicsAX\RunbookExecution-ExecuteParallelRunbook-dff1ca39-a8a1-46fc-b462-83e1b279cfdd_I0_R0\Output\Step107 (different step than you, but same script) the following errors.

Permission check failed using select HAS_PERMS_BY_NAME (null, 'DATABASE', 'CREATE TABLE');
    Permission check failed using select HAS_PERMS_BY_NAME (null, 'DATABASE', 'CREATE VIEW');
    Permission check failed using select HAS_PERMS_BY_NAME ('ReportingIntegration', 'schema', 'ALTER');
    Permission check failed using select HAS_PERMS_BY_NAME ('dbo', 'schema', 'ALTER');
    Permission check failed using select HAS_PERMS_BY_NAME ('dbo', 'schema', 'REFERENCES');
    Permission check failed using select HAS_PERMS_BY_NAME ('dbo', 'schema', 'VIEW CHANGE TRACKING');

I ran this against the AX database (Azure in this case)

exec sp_addrolemember 'ReportingIntegrationUser','axmrruntimeuser'
    exec sp_addrolemember 'db_datareader','axmrruntimeuser'
    exec sp_addrolemember 'db_datawriter','axmrruntimeuser'

and then resumed the LCS job and it completed without error.

Kevin

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans