Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics SL forum
Suggested answer

Customization on Requisition Screen RQ.110.00

Posted on by 595

I have added the RQREQHDR.CRTD_USER field to the requisition screen.  This field is set to visible only as the client wants to see who actually entered in the requisition.

On all requisitions entered prior to the customization - regardless of the status, the field is populated and can be seen on the screen.  All requisitions entered after the customization have a blank in this field and is not updated in the RQREQHDR table.

I don't want to enable this field as I know SL populates it automatically.

What am I missing?

Cherie

• Suggested answer
    Mark E Profile Picture
    Mark E 6,405 on at
    RE: Customization on Requisition Screen RQ.110.00

I think what is happening is that by adding the field to the screen, and it being blank, the blank buffer value is getting saved into the table instead of the standard save process using code to get the current user and populate the field.

What you might be able to do is to have code populate the current user into the field at some point prior to the Save event (whether that is on the Form Display/Load event, or some other chk value in the screen will depend on their workflow).

Other option is to not have the field on the screen at all, but add it to a report, or even the PV on the screen, so that it is visible to a user, but not a field on the screen.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,995 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,610 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans