Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics SL forum
Suggested answer

Looking for some guidance.

Posted on by 85

TL;DR: Where do I find potential employees that are willing to help develop Microsoft business software for a medium-small sized construction company. Thanks!!!

Hi dynamics community. I work for a small-medium sized construction company that is having trouble sourcing help for and implementing a small Dynamics SL network. Let me give you a bit of background. We have, for many years, tried to implement a Microsoft Project Server environment with the Dynamics SL software-link. While we have been successful in some regards, we are finding that we need a dedicated person to administer our ever-changing needs in our marketplace. Our network software has now grown to include other software such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM and other software that requires almost a full-time developer to keep up with our needs. We have reviewed most of the offerings provided by the major Microsoft Certified Partners. These businesses were asking for payment in the order of half a million dollars in order to implement the type of environment we were looking for as well as close to that much in maintenance fees.

My question is: is there a forum, a resource management website, ANYWHERE that I can source some help to get my software situation under control for now and in the future? I am looking at our business and every single day I find myself wishing we could employ a qualified software developer, but as I stated above, our past experiences have  shown that the offerings that were available to us at the time where very far out of our operating budget.

I hope this post wasn't too long and was understandable. Thank you for taking the time to read it!

• Butch Adams Profile Picture
    Butch Adams 4,757 on at
    RE: Looking for some guidance.

Reyn,

You could check out Nigel Frank at http://www.nigelfrank.com/us. They specialize in Dynamics head hunting. They are a good bunch of people that have a good feel on the resources available.

As an alternative, You might just put the word out in the building construction network. There are a lot of construction companies using SL.

...b

• saltman Profile Picture
    saltman 90 on at

Please contact me for a more detailed discussion so that I might provide you with more complete resources than what you may already have experienced.

We have an accomplished team of certified professionals in a variety of areas and are able to approach your situation, any situation, from a number of different angles and aspects.

Susan Taylor Altman

The SAC Group;  www.TheSACGroup.com;

A Microsoft Industry Partner - Microsoft Dynamics SL Certified

Helping Businesses To Do Business Better!

an Alliance Partnership with Dynamics Tech Services, Inc.

c: 919.418.1023

f: 919.882.9219

o: 919.662.7811

• Reyn Profile Picture
    Reyn 85 on at

Just visited the site and I don't see too much there. Any other suggestions.

• Suggested answer
    Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Hi Reyn

You could check the this link http://dynamicscareers.com/

Thanks

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,459 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,783 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans