Skip to main content
Microsoft Dynamics NAV forum
Unanswered

MS NAV web client only works from localhost

editSubscribe (0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by UG Leader

I'm currently trying to setup a Navision web client. The client is separated from the navision server. Both are running the same version (9.0.47256.0) on Windows Server 2016. For authentication, I've configured windows auth. The service port is 7116 on the nav server.

Everything seems to be fine when trying to use the web client on the server itself (http://localhost:8080/Test/WebClient/Default.aspx?tenant=test1). But when I try to access to page from another device, like my computer I get an error.

A server error has occurred, and the content cannot be displayed. Refresh the page or open a new browser window.

Eventviewer shows following error:

Error accessing Website Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 Web Client
URL: navwebserver:8080/.../list.aspx
Type: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.NavServerNotFoundException
Message: A server was not found at "net.tcp://Server.domain:7116/Test/Service". Either the URL is incorrect or the server is currently not available.
StackTrace:
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ConnectionEstablisher.ConfirmOpenConnectionRetry(ConnectFailedEventArgs connectFailedArgs, Exception exception)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ConnectionEstablisher.OpenConnection[TChannel](ConnectFailedEventArgs connectFailedArgs, ConnectionRequest connectionRequest, ConnectionOptions connectionOptions, SpnSetting spnSettingToTry, Boolean allowSpnSettingsSwap, UserSettings& userSettings)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ConnectionEstablisher.OpenConnection[TChannel](ConnectionRequest connectionRequest, ConnectionOptions connectionOptions, UserSettings& userSettings)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ServiceConnection.OpenConnection()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ServiceConnection.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.FormBuilder.BuilderSessionInitializer.OpenConnectionToServer()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.FormBuilder.BuilderSessionInitializer.InitializeCore()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.FormBuilder.BuilderSessionInitializer.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.UISession.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.Web.NavWebUISessionInitializer.InitializeCore(UISession session)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.WebClient.NavWebClientUISessionInitializer.InitializeCore(UISession session)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.Web.NavWebUISessionInitializer.Initialize(UISession session)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Web.ShownFormTrackingUISessionInitializer.InitializeSessionAndTrackShownInitializationForms(UISession session)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Web.ShownFormTrackingUISessionInitializer.Initialize(UISession session)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Web.LogicalFormInitializer.InitializeSession(FormPropertyBag formBeingInitialized, ClientSession clientSession)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Web.LogicalFormInitializer.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Create>b__0()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.LogicalOperationInvoker.InvokeAndHandleExceptions(Func`1 action, IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler)
Source: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ServiceConnection----------------------------------
Type: System.IO.IOException
StackTrace:
at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.ProcessRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.StreamConnection.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout)
Source: System----------------------------------
Type: System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException
Message: The socket connection was aborted. This could be caused by an error processing your message or a receive timeout being exceeded by the remote host, or an underlying network resource issue. Local socket timeout was '00:00:09.9990000'.
StackTrace:
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SocketConnection.ReadCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout, Boolean closing)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SocketConnection.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.DelegatingConnection.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.StartFrameHeader(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.ProcessRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
Source: System.ServiceModel----------------------------------
Type: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
Message: An existing connection was closed by the remote host.
StackTrace:
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SocketConnection.ReadCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout, Boolean closing)

I've looked into the firewall log to see if anything got blocked. The firewall accepts all the traffic from the client to the web client server and from the web client server to the nav server. Windows firewall is completly disabled.

Using the normal NAV Client just works fine. I just don't understand why the web client won't work.

Can anyone help my with that?

Thank you in advance!

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member UG Leader on at
    RE: MS NAV web client only works from localhost

Sorry for answering late.

Yes, we can ping the server's ip address. There is no connection problem. Nothing is getting blocked by the firewall.

There has to be a problem with the authentication. I've set it to windows authentication. This only works when I'm starting the web client on the server itself.

Any ideas?

• Suresh Kulla Profile Picture
    Suresh Kulla 43,636 on at
    RE: MS NAV web client only works from localhost

Can you ping the server from your machine? have you tried using the IP Address

Helpful resources

Quick Links

What Motivates a Super User?

We know many of you visit the Dynamics 365 Community and Power Platform…

Demystifying Copilot with Georg Glantschnig…

Industry experts answer burning questions directly from our amazing Community…

Setting Up Knowledge Sources for Copilot…

Look at how configuring a comprehensive knowledge base is crucial…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,066 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 222,585 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,138

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans