Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Import failed in D365 ...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Import failed in D365 f&O with error: Results. The value '11956' in field 'Reference table ID' is not found in the related table 'External code'. Results. validateField failed on field 'EcoResReleasedProductVariantExternalCo

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

Hi All ,

I am tying to import data from excel file to the data entity 'External codes for Released products varient' - " Dtata Management " Dynamics 365 finance and opertions.

Import failed with error: 

Results. The value '11956' in field 'Reference table ID' is not found in the related table 'External code'.
Results. validateField failed on field 'EcoResReleasedProductVariantExternalCodeEntity.ExtCodeTableTableId'.

Could anyone assist me with the solution for the above error.

Regards

• Suggested answer
    Rahul Mohta Profile Picture
    Rahul Mohta 21,010 on at
    RE: Import failed in D365 f&O with error: Results. The value '11956' in field 'Reference table ID' is not found in the related table 'External code'. Results. validateField failed on field 'EcoResReleasedProductVariantExtern

ensure external codes are imported first and the reference is provided and suggest if it helps

• Suggested answer
    TracyXing Profile Picture
    TracyXing on at
    RE: Import failed in D365 f&O with error: Results. The value '11956' in field 'Reference table ID' is not found in the related table 'External code'. Results. validateField failed on field 'EcoResReleasedProductVariantExtern

This should be a bug

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Hi Sergei,

I tried but this time the error is changed to

Results. Field 'Reference' must be filled in.

Results. validateWrite failed on data source 'ExtCodeValueTable (ExtCodeValueTable)'

Regards

Hi Sergei,

Thanks for suggestion.

I will import value "BLA" via "External code classes for released product variants" entity to D365 and try again.

I will update you with the feedback.

Thanks and regards

• Suggested answer
    Sergei Minozhenko Profile Picture
    Sergei Minozhenko 23,083 on at

Hi,

Most likely you are missing related record in ExtCodeTable for value "BLA". Have you imported value "BLA" via "External code classes for released product variants" entity to D365?

Hi Andre,

Thanks for coming back.

The content fields of my excel sheet are:

Field name:             Value:

ITEMNUMBER -    D0004

RELEASEDPRODUCTVARIANTEXTERNALCODECLASSID -BLA

PRODUCTCONFIGURATIONID

PRODUCTCOLORID

PRODUCTSTYLEID

PRODUCTSIZEID - 000120

EXTERNALCODE - 11956

steps:

i am getting when import file is executed and failed in Data management.

the error is from source to staging

forgot to add: I can able to see the data into the staging table but it is not exported to Target.

I am not sure the error is from Source to staging or Staging to target.

the initial error was :

Results. validateWrite failed on data source 'ExtCodeValueTable (ExtCodeValueTable)'

Thanks and regards

Hi Andre,

Thanks for coming back.

The content fields of my excel sheet are:

Field name:             Value:

ITEMNUMBER -    D0004

RELEASEDPRODUCTVARIANTEXTERNALCODECLASSID -BLA

PRODUCTCONFIGURATIONID

PRODUCTCOLORID

PRODUCTSTYLEID

PRODUCTSIZEID - 000120

EXTERNALCODE - 11956

steps:

i am getting when import file is executed and failed in Data management.

the error is from source to staging

the initial error was :

Thanks and regards

• André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User on at

Hi HHQD365,

Can you indicate what contents you have in your source file? Is this error coming from the source to staging or staging to target step?

• Ludwig Reinhard Profile Picture
    Ludwig Reinhard Microsoft Employee on at

moved to the d365 forum

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans