Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Suggested answer

record level security in purchase order lines

Posted on by 15

Hi all,

I'm on my testing with regards to giving restriction on dynamics ax about processing a purchase order under Accounts Payable-->Common Forms-->Purchase Order Details. My concern is how can i restrict the usergroup access on purchase order lines to not show/display the specific item name or item description. I already add the purchase order lines then field division on record level security. When user key in the item number and click on the lookup, restriction is working no item showing on the lookup list but  when he/she press the enter key the item number display the item name. The good news it cannot post or save.  What i want is when i type the item number in purchase order lines it will not proceed due to applied record level security.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jean

• Suggested answer
    André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User on at
    RE: record level security in purchase order lines

Hi Jean,

I think to understand that the division is in fact the item number field, but re-labeled in your environment. If that is the case, I now understand your question.

This is the behavior in AX2009 with RLS. When the user is also not allowed to see the item numbers you also can set RLS on the items table. However, it will then also filter all items on the items form and they are not able to see them when they also have to manage e.g. sales orders.

• jean_francia1 Profile Picture
    jean_francia1 15 on at

Hi Andre,

Thank you for your reply, i want to hide the content, e.g selective item number/division in the item details. So I created a record level restriction see sample below. The item that i do not want to show on my purchase order lines belongs to division 09.

pastedimage1593393714471v2.png

So when i process the purchase order and created a new line, i key-in the item number that i restricted and click up arrow key to check if the item exists, as you can see no item number on the lookup.

pastedimage1593394010621v3.png

But when i press the enter key the item that i restricted show up on the purchase order lines.

pastedimage1593394633681v4.png

Good thing is, it cannot be posted, an error appear whenever i click the save button or any action that i make infolog shows. All i want is to not show the item when i click the enter key on the purchase lines.

pastedimage1593394816999v5.png

Thanks again Andre, hope my screen capture will help you understand my question.

• André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User on at

Hi Jean,

I'm not able to understand your question. Do you want to hide contents or columns? What are your attempts so far? Can you also illustrate your question with screenshots?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans