Try Microsoft Edge
A fast and secure browser that's designed for Windows 10
You now have the DYNAMICS database and all company databases and modified reports and forms upgraded to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013, so what is next? Each of you have your own project plans for the upgrade, however, here are some tips for the game plan following the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 database upgrade. Enjoy!
1. Backup!Once the databases are upgraded, always make a SQL backup of the databases before moving forward with any next step. It is a good idea to login to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 and export all modified reports and forms to package files as well now that they are upgraded. Click Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Customize | Customization Maintenance.
2. Enter your new Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 Registration Keys!All Customers must work with their Partner to obtain new registration keys for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013. Login to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 and go to Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Setup | Registration and enter the new registration keys.
3. Third Party Products/CustomizationsAll third party products and customizations have already been identified during the pre-upgrade planning phase. Once Microsoft Dynamics GP is upgraded, you can then move forward and install/upgrade all third party products you use with Microsoft Dynamics GP. Please work with the ISV that provides the third party product for steps to upgrade. Don't forget about all the additional customizations as well! Work with the Developer who created the customization for you to obtain the upgrade steps.
4. Client Machines and Terminal ServerInstall Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 at all client workstations and Terminal Servers. Make sure to install the exact same hotfix or service pack for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 at the clients and Terminal Servers that you used for the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 upgrade. If a different patch is used you could run into version errors launching Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013. Click HERE to download the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 Installation Guide for the Desktop/Rich Client installation.
5. Web ServicesIf you currently use Web Services, Web Services must also be upgraded to Microsoft Dynamics GP. You can install Web Services from the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 DVD for the upgrade. You can install Web Services from the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 DVD. Once installed, run the GP Web Services Configuration Wizard to upgrade the Web Services components in the DYNAMICS and company databases. If you use Business Portal or Workflow, Web Services must be upgraded first before those products. If you have custom integrations with Web Services, test out all integrations following the upgrade. Click HERE to download the Web Services Guides.
6. eConnectThe eConnect database objects are automatically upgraded when the DYNAMICS and company databases are upgraded with Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 Utilities. If you have custom Pre and Post eConnect procedures, make sure to create those again following the database upgrade. If you have the eConnect Runtime installed on any client or server, use the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 DVD to install the latest eConnect Runtime components. If you have custom integrations with eConnect, test out all integrations to ensure everything works successfully. Click HERE to download the eConnect Guides
7. Business PortalIf you currently use Business Portal 4.0 with Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 or Business Portal 5.0/5.1 with Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010, you can upgrade directly to Business Portal 6.0 for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013. Business Portal 6.0 is supported with SharePoint 2010 only and will be available very soon! Keep in mind that if you are not on SharePoint 2010, you will also need to upgrade your Business Portal SharePoint content database to SharePoint 2010 first before upgrading Business Portal. Business Portal 6.1 will be supported with SharePoint 2013 and will release after Business Portal 6.0. Please stay tuned to the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 Product Download page for the Business Portal releases!Customershttps://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/downloads/servicepacks/MDGP2013_Release_DownloadPartnershttps://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/downloads/releases/MDGP2013_Release_Download
8. WorkflowIf you currently use Workflow with Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 or Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 you can upgrade directly to Workflow for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013. Workflow for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 is currently supported with SharePoint 2010 only at this time. If you are currently using Workflow with an older version of SharePoint, keep in mind that you will need to upgrade the Workflow SharePoint content database to SharePoint 2010 first. You can install Workflow from the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 DVD. Click HERE to download the Workflow Installation & Upgrade Guide.
9. Microsoft Dynamics GP SQL Reporting Services Reports.The Microsoft Dynamics GP SQL Reporting Services Reports are automatically upgraded during the database upgrade as long as the Windows user has access to your SQL Reporting Services Site and you are using SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 or later. We no longer support SQL Server Reporting Services 2005. If you need to redeploy the SQL Reporting Services Reports following the upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics GP, click HERE to download the SQL Reporting Service Administrator Guide for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013.
10. Business AnalyzerIf you currently use Business Analyzer Desktop Tool for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 to view your SQL Reporting Services Reports, you can upgrade to the latest Business Analyzer for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013. You can install the latest from the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 DVD. Click HERE to download the guide for Business Analyzer.
11. Don't Forget the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 Software Development Kits!The software development kits (SDKs) are great resources to find all the new changes in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013! If you are a Developer, check out the new SDK's for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013! You can install all SDK's from the Microsoft Dynamics 2013 DVD.
12. Integration Manager If you currently have integrations through Integration Manager, you will need to upgrade your .MDB or .IMD database file to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013. You can install Integration Manager from the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 DVD. Once upgraded, make sure to test out all integrations to ensure they work successfully. Click HERE to download the Integration Manager Guides. 13. Personal Data KeeperIf you currently use Personal Data Keeper, you will need to upgrade that install to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013. You can install Personal Data Keeper from the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 DVD. The wizard will walk you through the very simple installation.
14. Word TemplatesAll Word Templates automatically upgrade with the databases in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 Utilities. If your Word Templates are based on modified reports, make sure the Reports.dic is upgraded before testing out the Word Templates. Most importantly, make sure you can print the Standard modified report without issue before trying the Word Template report. If users need to continue to make changes to the Word Template reports through Microsoft Word, install the Microsoft Dynamics GP Add-in for Microsoft Word from the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 DVD.
15. US Payroll Tax UpdatesIf you are a US Payroll Customer, check for the latest tax updates in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 under Microsoft Dynamics GP | Maintenance | US Payroll Updates | Check for Tax Updates.
16. Management ReporterFRx is no longer supported with Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013. The migration to Management Reporter is another important step in your upgrade plan if you have not migrated already. Please make sure to test out all of your Management Reporter reports once the databases are upgraded to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013. Click HERE for more information regarding Management Reporter. Click HERE to go to the Management Reporter Product Team Blog for great information!
17. User Acceptance and TestingIt is highly recommended to create checklists for the users to test out all modules in use. Users should walk through the checklists in both the test upgrade and live upgrade environment. Once all users feel comfortable with the tests, have them sign off for each module. User acceptance is so important to ensure their processes work correctly in the new Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 environment. This includes testing all transaction entry tasks, reports, daily, monthly and yearly routines and processes.
18. Manage Database SizeDuring the upgrade, the size of the database does grow to a fairly large size. Please check the size of each of the company databases to ensure you are comfortable with the size of the database based on the space requirements in your environment. You can certainly leave the databases as is or remove the extra space if you desire. Please work with your Database Administrator for assistance removing the extra space if needed.
19. Thinking about Web Client?If you are thinking about implementing Web Client with Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013, check out our Videos to learn more! Work with your Partner to learn more about the infrastructure involved with the Web Client installation.
20. Remove the Old InstallationsOnce Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 is up and running smooth, you can go ahead and un-install the prior installation to cleanup the machines.
I hope the above helps you with the game plan following the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 database upgrade!
We have 2 blogs left in our Upgrade Blog Series! Continue to check in with our Upgrade Blog Series Schedule!
very good. can also be use as Task List Action/ items and will surely be helpful