Back by popular demand!! The Microsoft Dynamics GP Team will be creating blog posts this year related to year-end closing processes for Microsoft Dynamics GP. These articles will include general questions about year-end for that module, and include any changes for year-end that will affect your year-end processes for 2014. It is recommended to install the 2014 Year End Update. This will be evident to you as the blogs discuss changes for the year. Below is the schedule of upcoming blog posts:
November 06, 2014 - GP 2010 Lifecycle and Upgrade Services
November 11, 2014 - Install and UpgradeNovember 12, 2014 – Table and Column Changes in Year-EndNovember 13, 2014 - Payables Management
November 18, 2014 - US PayrollNovember 19, 2014 - Affordable Care Act (ACA) November 20, 2014 - Fixed Assets
November 25, 2014 – Analytical AccountingNovember 26, 2014 - General Ledger
December 02, 2014 - Receivables ManagementDecember 04, 2014 - Inventory
December 09, 2014 – Canadian Payroll
*Links to the above blog posts will be added as they are released. However, we recommend utilizing the Connect section of the Microsoft Dynamics GP Home Page so you get all the latest feeds and information as it is published.
• Here is a link to the new PowerPoint presentation for "What's New in Year-End 2014" . View updated slides on the changes in Microsoft Dynamics GP for the 2014 year-end.
• Here is a link to a comprehensive video presentation for Microsoft Dynamics GP "What's New in Year-End 2014".
• A link to a PowerPoint presentation for the 'standard' Year-End Close Procedures that generally do not change from year to year.
• Below are the direct links to see all the changes included in the Year End Update and the downloads to the install. The updates are now live and available for download.
Click HERE for U.S. Payroll Year End Update for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013Click HERE for U.S. Payroll Year End Update for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010
***IMPORTANT NOTES: ***
• The 2014 Year End Update is currently targeted to release the end of November 2014. The 2014 Canadian Payroll update is targeted for mid-December.
• The year end update for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 is an all-inclusive update and will include Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 R2.
• The Affordable Care Act changes for calendar year 2015 will be implemented in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 and versions going forward. These changes will not be available for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 or prior versions.
• This will be the LAST year that a Year-End Update will be available for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 so you may want to consider upgrading soon. Mainstream support (ie. tax updates) will end on 10/13/2015. Extended support with no updates will end on 10/13/2020. Please refer to the Support Life Cycle for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010.
I hope this information has been helpful to you. The Dynamics GP team wishes you a seamless 2014 year-end!
Cheryl Waswick | Sr. Technical Support Engineer | Microsoft Dynamics GP Applications Support Team
New to GP - We use GP 2010, payroll & financial modules, along with Green Shades (GS) for 941 processing. We are of balance between our 2013 941's (GS) and our w-2 file that comes from GP. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to trouble shoot this discrepancy? So far we have compared a smart list of 2013 employees to the w-2s from (GP). Our out of balance is on SS Wages, Medicare Wages/Tips and SS Tip Totals. Any thoughts are appreciated. Becky
Please review the following knowledge base article titled, “Correcting differences between federal wages in Form 941 and in the Payroll Summary report in Microsoft Dynamics GP.” Here is a link for reference:
You can also go out to Bing.com and search on key words such as "GP', '941" etc and find other KB articles available to you.
You can also utilize the Community forums to ask questions like this to your peers. Just click on FORUMS at the top of the blog site. community.dynamics.com/.../default.aspx
Thank you, Cheryl W!