Try Microsoft Edge
A fast and secure browser that's designed for Windows 10
We've seen some instances where, after upgrading from a version of Microsoft Dynamics GP that was before Dynamics GP 2013 R2 (12.00.1745), which was the first build that Workflow functionality was introduced, the 'Not Submitted' and 'Pending Approval' navigation lists related to Workflow types are not working correctly.
What we've seen with these lists is the following issues:
1. The 'Not Submitted' and 'Pending Approval' lists won't show at all.
2. The 'Not Submitted' and 'Pending Approval' filters are incorrect, so they both pull the wrong data.
3. The 'Pending Approval' lists never show the workflow documents/batches that are pending approval through Workflow.
We have not seen this issue with brand new installs of Dynamics GP 2013 R2 or above.
The issue with the lists is that the filters are looking at the 'Workflow_Approval_Status' column, which will always have a value of 0 (zero) and because of this, it isn't able to identify any objects that are pending approval, like it can when it is corrected to use the actual 'Workflow_Status' column.
The lists that seem to be impacted by this issue are related to the following Workflow types:
--Purchase Order Approval
--Payables Batch Approval
--General Ledger Batch Approval
--Receivables Batch Approval
Each of these should have a default list, pending approval list and not submitted list. For example, for the Purchase Order Approval workflow, under the Purchasing area page, it'll have three lists:
1. Purchase Order Transactions - this is a list of all purchase orders, regardless of status.
2. Purchase Orders Not Submitted - this list shows any purchase orders that are not pending any user action in Workflow
3. Purchase Orders Pending Approval - this list shows any purchase orders that are currently pending user action through Workflow
The fix for these issues was to update the SY07226 and SY07230 tables in the DYNAMICS/system database to use the Workflow_Status column which has the accurate status for Workflow objects as well as to verify that all three of these lists are present for these 5 document/batch types, whether they are active in Workflow or not.
Because these tables are system tables in the DYNAMICS/system database, fixing them will fix the issue in all company databases.
Attached is a file containing these two sets of scripts, one set for the SY07226 table and the other set for the SY07230 table.
To resolve this issue, what you need to do is the following:
1. On a test system or the live system if we can't get a test system setup, make sure you have a good recent backup of the DYNAMICS system database.
2. Run the attached script against the DYNAMICS/ system database and make sure the scripts run successfully.
3. Close and launch Dynamics GP again and verify that these workflow objects all have three lists showing:
--A regular list showing all of the specific objects.
-- A 'Not Submitted' list showing those objects not pending action through Workflow.
-- A 'Pending Approval' list showing those objects that are currently pending action through Workflow. The 'Pending Approval' list should be showing the Workflow_Status column instead of the Workflow_Approval_Status column.
If you're actively using Workflow, you can verify the lists for the workflows you have activated to verify they are showing the correct records as expected.
4. If everything appears correct, make another backup of the system database before allowing users back into the Dynamics GP application.
Updated Dynamics GP INSERT scripts to fix Workflow navigation lists.txt
**Update: We recently seen a case or two where, when running one of the 'Pending Approval' or 'Not Submitted' navigation lists in Microsoft Dynamics GP related to the new Workflow, we'd see a 'Microsoft Dynamics GP has stopped working' message, which then asks if you want to send information or not. Clicking on the Debug button, it makes a mention to an unhandled Microsoft .NET Framework exception occurring in Dynamics.exe. To fix this issue, please do the following:
a. Select * into SY07220BAK from SY07220
b. Delete SY07220
3. Log into Microsoft Dynamics GP as the 'sa' login, which will re-populate the SY07220 table with the records that were removed.
4. Verify the navigation lists, specifically the 'pending Approval' and 'Not Submitted' lists related to the new Workflow, show the correct information as expected.
5. If the lists are missing or not filtering the correct information, such as the 'Not Submitted' list showing 'Pending Approval' data and vice versa, you can run the attached scripts on this blog.
Hopefully this will save you all from having to open a support case and to be able to resolve this issue should it appear. If the customer doesn't yet use Workflow functionality and/or the navigation lists to work with workflows, they may not have encountered this issue, but it's something to be aware.
I tried this and now when I try to view the lists, GP crashes.
I have a client who upgraded to GP2016. Their purchasing agent's GP crashes when she switches between navigation lists. I deleted the SY07220 but she's still crashing. Any suggestions?
The instructions says The fix is to update the SY07226 and SY07230 tables with the script that's include, but the script references SY07220, not SY07226. Which table is it?