New April Hotfix and more changes for VAT
Check out the latest updates to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 and 2018.
Dynamics 365 2019 release wave 2 plan Discover the latest updates to Dynamics 365.Release Plan | Weekly Deployment Notes
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants.Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements.
ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks
Hopefully you have had an opportunity to dig into GP 2018 and check out some of the new features.
One feature that really makes me excited is our new sort by options. This makes viewing data within GP a whole lot easier. Below I have outlined where you can find these new sort by options and what they do.
Updated Note about Performance:If you notice this area is slower than normal after the upgrade, here are a few things you should review and why.1. Make sure you have applied the 2018 Year-End Update, functionality was changed to open the window blank in this release, 18.00.0672.
2. We did make changes in GP 2018 to allow for more sorts as indicated below. To allow for these sorts in the window, you may compromise a bit on performance, again based on dataset. After this is applied in general testing performed 100,000 pulls in 6 seconds just as an example on average.
3. In this window we are pulling back a lot of data from open to history. Tables that may be reviewed for this arePayables: PM30200, PM20000, PM10000, PM10300, and PM10400 - Receivables: RM30101, RM20101, RM10201, and RM10301.
Typically a large company may see the window hang a bit.
4. You could look at pulling transaction document by customer or vendor first as that will pull information quick and still allow you to use the Document number search, such as Inquiry | Purchasing | Transaction by Vendor or Inquiry by Customer. The all in one viewers are nice too with drill back capability.
5. Review your data/tables and see how much history you may have and if you feel necessary look at archiving some of your older year data.You may also consider created a historical company prior to remove this information, depending on your need/ use of the information.
Receivables Transaction Inquiry by CustomerOpen the Receivables Transaction Inquiry by Customer by choosing Inquiry, click Sales, and then Transaction by Customer
Receivables Transaction Inquiry by DocumentOpen the Receivables Transaction Inquiry by Document by choosing Inquiry, click Sales, and then Transaction by Document
Receivables Transaction Inquiry Sort by OptionsThe following are the different methods in which you can sort the data within the Receivables Transaction Inquiry windows:• Type Sorting the documents by Type will sort by the numerical value assigned to each document type:1 – Sale / Invoice2 – Reserved for scheduled payments3 – Debit Memo4 – Finance Charge5 – Service / Repair6 – Warranty7 – Credit Memo8 – Return9 – Payment/Cash Receipt
• Document NumberSorting by Document Number allows you to sort by the Document Number by 0-9, then A-Z.• Document AmountSorting by Document Amount allows you to sort by the original Document Amount.• Amount ReminingSorting by Amount Remaining allows you to sort by the Amount Remaining on each document.• Document Date.Sorting by Document Date allows you to sort by the date each document was assigned.
Payables Transaction Inquiry by VendorOpen the Payables Transaction Inquiry by Vendor by choosing Inquiry, click Purchasing, and then Transaction by Vendor
Payables Transaction Inquiry by DocumentOpen the Payables Transaction Inquiry by Document by choosing Inquiry, click Purchasing, and then Transaction by Document
Payables Transaction Inquiry Sort by OptionsThe following are the different methods in which you can sort the data within the Payables Transaction Inquiry windows:• Document NumberSorting by Document Number allows you to sort by the Document Number by 0-9, then A-Z.• Type Sorting the documents by Type will sort by the numerical value assigned to each document type:1 – Invoice2 – Finance Charge3 – Miscellaneous Charge4 – Return5 – Credit Memo6 – Payment
• Original AmountSorting by Original Amount allows you to sort by the original document amount.• Unapplied AmountSorting by Unapplied Amount allows you to sort by the amount remaining on each document.Document Date.Sorting by Document Date allows you to sort by the date each document was assigned
I hope that the information offered has proven helpful to you and you are now are ready to use the new sort by feature included into GP 2018.
Until next time,Nicole Fiskum | Support Engineer | Microsoft Dynamics
While we appreciate the new sort options, loading the entire transaction history into the Transaction by Document screen by default doesn't make sense. Why are we making our SQL servers do large amounts of work before even asking the user what they're looking for?
The simplest solution would be to just return an empty inquiry screen and then search for transactions once the user has selected their search parameters. Maybe this would not suit all users, but for larger environments, this would be a welcome option.
I just updated a client with a lot of history ( 80,000 invoices a day) to GP 2018 Mid-Year update and it is really slow. Do you know if another hot fix will be released?
Business Applications communities