Breaking news from around the world
Get the Bing + MSN extension
Now Available in Community - MBAS 2019 Presentation Videos
Catch the most popular sessions on demand and learn how Dynamics 365, Power BI, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, and Excel are powering major transformations around the globe. | View Gallery
2019 release wave 2 Discover the latest updates to Dynamics 365Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Early Access Availability
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
Many of you are asking what is Intelligent Cloud Insights for Microsoft Dynamics GP? There is sure a lot of buzz in the community around these words and they are new to our GP family! In this blog we will try to simplify what this includes for our Microsoft Dynamics GP customers.
With the release of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 R2, customers will now see a new tab on their home page called Intelligent Cloud Insights. This tab will present itself as your landing page after you install an update to your Dynamics GP product. You have the option of change the default by choosing Customize this page and selecting the Default option for your Home page selection.
What the Intelligent Cloud Insights gives you is the ability to keep your Dynamics GP data on premises, but the luxury of putting some of your data in the cloud with Dynamics 365 Business Central so you can harness the power of cloud computing. Synchronize your data to the cloud to leverage machine learning and business intelligence capabilities to provide insights, drive suggested actions, and help your business soar! Check out this blog on 'Business Central Intelligent Cloud for On-Premises Customers' which gives you more detail (videos included) of what this entails for you as a customer. There is a 30 day trial before you need to license, at that point (or any time before expiration) you need to contact a partner to purchase through CSP to continue past the 30 day trial for a small cost per user per month.What data from Microsoft Dynamics GP is available to replicate to the cloud?This is a one way connection of your Microsoft Dynamics GP data to Business Central. There is no read/write capability or ability for you to enter transactions in Business Central and have that replicated to Dynamics GP. With Intelligent Cloud Insights you get Power BI reports which provide Chart of Accounts analysis, Customer dashboards, mini-trial balance, General Ledger entries report and list reports for customers and vendors. This gives you the advantage of viewing Intelligent Cloud Insights anytime, anywhere and on any device.With this release you can replicate your:GL Accounts and current balanceCustomers and Open Receivables TransactionsVendors and Open Payables TransactionsItems and Quantity on Hand
Intelligent Cloud for Dynamics GP PowerPoint
For steps to setup the Intelligent Cloud review Connect to the intelligent cloud with Dynamics 365 Business Central
Tips for replication/synchronization:1. Make sure you choose the Dynamics (system) database, not your company for the connection.You can also hoover over the SQL Connection String during setup to give you an example of what should be entered.Here are a couple of example connection strings:
Server=SERVER\INSTANCE;Database=DYNAMICS;User Id=USERNAME;Password=MYPASSWORD;Server=Demo2018IE\GPIE;Initial Catalog=DYNAMICS;User ID=sa;Password=Access123
2. A Trial Balance in Dynamics GP may differ from a trial balance in Business Central due to the migration of your General Ledger Accounts. the structure of your account is different between the two products.
3. Open Payables and Receivables Invoices will replicate to Business Central with the current transaction amount (remaining balance) as their document amount rather than their original document amount.
For example if I have an Invoice that originally had a document amount $5,000 and $3,000 has been applied to it in Microsoft Dynamics GP, my current balance (remaining balance) on the invoice is $2,000. After replication from Microsoft Dynamics GP to Business Central, you will see $2,000 as the document amount for this Invoice in Business Central. Only transactions that are Open with a remaining balance will be replicated, so if an Invoice is not appearing in Business Central, it has already been fully paid.
4. Synchronization of company shows successful, but there is no Microsoft Dynamics GP data appearing in Business Central. This may happen if you did not create the company through the Assisted Setup process. Before you run a scheduled synchronization or manual, you need to make sure the company setup status is showing as Completed prior to running the synchronization. From the top right corner choose settings and then Next to the company, make sure the status is Completed, if it is blank or in process (stuck) we should delete the company and try to create it again. The Assisted Setup wizard process creates the company which creates the default setup needed for the synchronization so you do not need to do anything. Then the synchronization actually imports all the master records and transactions.
5. If you are a CSP partner attempting to set this up for a customer, you cannot use your ‘Delegated Admin’ (partner) credentials. It will allow you to set it up with this user, but your synchronization will fail since a Delegated Admin cannot run Jobs. You must be using a Licensed user account (full or trial).
6. Tables that are replicated for the company databases are:Account Setup, Accounts, Codes, Customers, Customer Transactions, Fiscal Periods, Items, Segments, Vendors, Vendor Transactions\
7. In https://businesscentral.dynamics.com, under Activities, under 'Replication Success Rate', click ‘See More’, to get to Intelligent Cloud Management. From here you can manually replicate the company database(s) as needed.
Once customers have this information setup the data will appear in Business Central when logged in and also Dynamics GP under the Intelligent Cloud Insights area from the home page.
Business Applications communities