Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2021 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.
2021 release wave 2 plan
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Community | FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
Here it is the FOURTH year of reporting ACA (and maybe the last?? we can only hope) and you are a EXPERT. It will be easy as ever this year, no issues to report!
For the 2018 year, there is not a lot of change around ACA, which is great. Below I have still listed some of our top items we get in support to help you, but the main change this year was the form. The name fields in the employee and dependent area were split out/re-arranged. If you are going to print the forms out of Microsoft Dynamics GP, you need to install the year end update.
1. Form changes - There were changes to the instructions on the back and small alignment changes to the front of the form, specifically around the name area.
2. Inactive employees -Last year we made some gains with this based on how it was re-designed and stays the same this year.With how the ACA rules changed, now you cannot leave a box blank/empty, so when employee Joe leaves the company, what customers do is put 2A in Box 16 - meaning Employee not employed during the month. When you click the PRINT button for the 1095-C form, if an employee is 2A for all 12 months, the form will not print. I feel this is a great indicator to go by. You will see the employees get complied in the year end, (incase you need to edit this employee and make changes to the record) but when you go to print, those employees will not be included.
3. Multiple insurance plans (dental and vision examples) dishevel the 1095-C reporting.As I painfully worked with customers on this reporting YOY another area that was causing ACA data inconsistencies was insurance codes that are non ACA reportable, such as Vision or Dental as an example. If I had a health insurance code that did not change all year, then I added Dental, we would grab that "None" record as that was the newest record for the year. How we decided to "identify" true ACA recordable codes is from the Health Insurance Setup on the Human Resource side. The field we will use to determine if the code is ACA recordable is at the Setup, None and None. Then we will not include this code when we create the year end wage file.
Most of you have this properly set already based on prior year learning.
What I need you to make sure and do is at the SETUP for your health codes you want ACA recordable, make sure you do not have None and None.
Pick a default that would suite most of your employees, such as 1A and 2C as an example.
This code will NOT be picked up for ACA reporting.
This code will be picked up for ACA reporting as Box 14 and 16 are something other than None
4. Microsoft Dynamics GP will NOT support the electronic filing for the 2017 year for ACA.Greenshades and Integrity-Data will allow you to track ACA in Microsoft Dynamics GP, and just do the electronic filing for you at a lower cost option.Thanks to both ISV's for doing this!!Greenshades - https://www.greenshades.com / Integrity Data - http://www.integrity-data.com/
5. Plan start month is not required again this year so we are not populating it.
6. Similar to prior years, the all 12 month checkbox is not required for employee so we are populating each individual amount for employee, but on the dependent the covered all 12 month box will be populated.
7. When you need to change what is reporting for an employee for a month, change the user date to the end of that month, example, you want to change the month of March and on, set the Microsoft Dynamics GP user date to 3/31/2018 make your record change, and recreate the year end wage file and you will see the change, you can also do this by rolling down from setup by a date. We always take the last record of the month for what should print on the form.
Click HERE for the FREE SmartList Designer reports library, free to you, it includes ACA SmartLists for you and many more!!
There is no new video this year as the tracking is the same as last year, click HERE if you are just getting started to track ACA and want to ramp up.
Please refer to the 2018 Year-End Blog Schedule to review current and upcoming blog posts and other helpful resource links related to Year-End Closing for Dynamics GP.
Enjoy, and everyone have a successful ACA 2018 year.
Terry Heleynon-ACA expertMicrosoft
Business Applications communities