The past can't be changed. The future hasn't happened yet.  The only thing we can do is stay in the moment and focus on now.  Focus on what we can do different or better today.

Have you ever been driving and got lost in thought, not remembering to take an exit but you did anyway?  You're on autopilot, not in the moment but somewhere else. Source: http://liminalthinking.com/

I believe many people and companies in our community are on autopilot.  Stuck in the past about how you’ve always done things.  Here are a few areas to think about:

• How do you get leads? Do they just come in? Have you made a conscience effort to drive lead generation?

• When was the last time you really looked at the marketing emails you send out?

• When was the last time you looked at your demo techniques? Do your demo people show the same things they did five years ago? Ten?

• When was the last time you educated your customers on how they can take advantage of the new features of Dynamics GP? (Keep in mind even GP 2015 features could be new to them.)

• Are you not doing web client because you haven’t kept up with technology and don’t know how to deploy it?

I could go on, but I hope you all get the point.

Now is the time to get out of autopilot and into the moment. Make decisions and actions deliberately with serious thought behind them. Stop doing things because you always have done it that way.

The future hasn’t happened yet, but it won’t be any different than it is today if you don’t make an effort to change the now.

I’m sure most of you have seen the updated roadmap slide. I’ve received a mixture of responses about it from excitement to trepidation. The feedback made me take a moment to reflect.

The roadmap was on autopilot and in a certain sense it still is.

• We have always disclosed the current release and next release on the roadmap. (I changed this in the latest roadmap.)

• We have always put details that we were confident in delivering.

• It has looked like this for as long as I can remember.

Download here:  https://doc.co/bnBySt

But, and important question is what is the roadmap slide's purpose? I believe it’s to enable people to tell a story:

• About our state of the art agile development process that enables us to deliver high quality functionality.

• About how our community is unique and Microsoft listens through connect.microsoft.com

• About our plans for the future. But because it doesn’t exist yet, we leave it open to change. The focus point is that there is a future.

• About upgrading, explaining how the process works for customers who will have to jump five or more releases because of rapid release.

Again, I could go on but I’m sure you can think of other stories that can be facilitated by the roadmap slide, depending on the audience.

The roadmap slide might be on autopilot but how you use it doesn’t have to be.

Pam