SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Return Code 16 Error in FA

Microsoft Dynamics GP Forum

Sharai asked a question on 7 May 2014 3:58 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

I am getting the below error when trying to depreciate assets.  I checked the knowledge base and thought i would try here as well.

RETURN CODE 16 ON END OF FILE SCRIPT FA DEPRECIATOR

The below error happens if I try to project the depreciation.

Illegal address for field 'Progress' in script 'FA_Depreciate_All_Assets'. Script terminated.

Tom Mathew responded on 7 May 2014 4:13 AM
My Badges

The only thing I can think of is to try rebuilding the Fixed Assets Calendar.

mbs.microsoft.com/.../KBDisplay.aspx

I would suggest you to recalculate the calendar and synchronize it with the fiscal

Sharai responded on 7 May 2014 4:39 AM

This did not work.  Any other thoughts?

Tom Mathew responded on 7 May 2014 5:48 AM
My Badges

can you try doing the depreciation for a single asset and let me know the outcome.....

What is your current opening year and earliest closed year for FA?

Jonathan Fear responded on 13 May 2014 1:43 PM
My Badges

Any update on the resolution? This is a post that is getting a large number of views so we would like to get a confirmed resolution.

Jackie Smith responded on 28 Jul 2014 11:54 AM
Suggested Answer

I had a customer with this issue.......this was a new Fixed Assets setup they had done themselves.  The individual assets were set to a Placed in Service Date of 12/31/13 and a Depreciated To Date of 12/31/13.  The book was set to 2014.  They are on GP2013 so the book can't be changed. They had not run the year end process at 12/31/13.  I reset the assets to an Acquisition Date, Placed in Service Date and Depreciated to Date of 01/01/14 and just to make sure, I removed the FA calendar and rebuilt it.  Depreciation and GL Posting ran just fine with no errors.  My educated guess it was the assets dates set to 2013.........no year end process and the book set to 2014 caused the issue.

Andy Cashman responded on 2 Jul 2015 11:00 PM

We encountered the same error when attempting to run depreciation in GP 2013 R2 with a Target Date set to the last date of the Financial (Fiscal) Year - and of the Fixed Asset Year.

We noticed that the Quarter dates were empty - for the current year, and for other years - in Fixed Assets Calendar Setup -> Quarters. We selected the Build Quarters tab. After the Quarter dates were populated, the Depreciate routine ran successfully.

Andy

Biju Samuel responded on 4 Nov 2015 2:22 PM
My Badges

Hi Did you check the company setup table (FA49900) ? is the [CMPANYID] match with SY01500 table in DYNAMICS database  ? please make sure that.. I do have a similar issue before, solved by this way.. (the database was copied from another company)..

Cassey Chan responded on 17 Jul 2016 10:04 PM
My Badges

Rebuild Fixed Asset Calendar from 1901 to 2099

quattr0 responded on 29 Aug 2016 2:07 PM
My Badges

Cassey's suggestion works for me.

AwalshGA responded on 12 Jan 2018 3:49 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

This worked for me as well.  Thanks Cassey!!!

Toni14 responded on 19 Apr 2019 4:48 AM

Facing same solution here...Any solution to it?Many users are facing same problem along with me MyCCPay Portal

Bensonk responded on 1 May 2019 2:25 PM

I dont find anything regarding Scope in Dynamics ax 2009. Please instruct me where I find such settings mykfcexperience. The number sequence attached to the journal is a numeric, continous number sequence.

Derek Albaugh responded on 2 May 2019 7:32 AM
My Badges

If you're using Dynamics AX, you may want to put this question in the Dynamics AX forums, as this is the Dynamics GP forums.....though, there may be someone on here that uses both and can address your question.....

Jackie Smith responded on 28 Jul 2014 11:54 AM
Suggested Answer

I had a customer with this issue.......this was a new Fixed Assets setup they had done themselves.  The individual assets were set to a Placed in Service Date of 12/31/13 and a Depreciated To Date of 12/31/13.  The book was set to 2014.  They are on GP2013 so the book can't be changed. They had not run the year end process at 12/31/13.  I reset the assets to an Acquisition Date, Placed in Service Date and Depreciated to Date of 01/01/14 and just to make sure, I removed the FA calendar and rebuilt it.  Depreciation and GL Posting ran just fine with no errors.  My educated guess it was the assets dates set to 2013.........no year end process and the book set to 2014 caused the issue.

AwalshGA responded on 12 Jan 2018 3:49 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

This worked for me as well.  Thanks Cassey!!!

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS