AA Open Transaction Smartlist display is blank

Question Status

Suggested Answer
Richard Wheeler asked a question on 24 Jan 2017 9:56 PM

After upgrading to GP 2016 R2 from GP 2015 R2 the Smartlist called AA Open Transactions counts through over 8,000 records but displays no data. When I click on Columns there are none and if I try to add any columns there is nothing listed there as well. Is there a way to rebuild the AA Smartlists?

Tanuja Patel responded on 14 Sep 2017 2:30 AM

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue. Do you have any luck on that ?

Thanks,

Tanuja

Suggested Answer
Almas Mahfooz responded on 14 Sep 2017 2:50 AM

This post have many possible solutions, check it.

community.dynamics.com/.../209373

Tanuja Patel responded on 20 Sep 2017 1:58 AM

In GP 2016 R2, one of the company does not showing AA open transaction smart list records. Please guide for the same.

Derek Albaugh responded on 28 Sep 2017 3:06 PM

I don't know if this is what you ran into, but there is an issue with the upgrade of Dynamics GP and Analytical Accounting.

When this issue occurs during the upgrade, the upgrade will fail on a series of AA procedures that run together. What this series of procs are doing is creating SQL views which is what the AA SmartLists use for open and historical transactions.

If those procedures don't get run successfully, then those views don't get created correctly and thus the AA transactions don't work, i.e. AA Open Transactions and AA Historical Transactions.

In SQL if you run the following against the company databases, do they return any records?

Select * from AAOpenTransactions

Select * from AAHistoryTransactions

Tanuja Patel responded on 1 Oct 2017 1:39 AM

Hi,

Yup. SQL views are working fine. But only default smartlist viewer are not showing any data.

Tanuja

Derek Albaugh responded on 2 Oct 2017 11:10 AM

Hello Tanuja,

I'd run the AA SmartLists with a dexsql.log to see what SQL view they are attempting to use and/or what script is being used by the SmartList that it isn't pulling data in. The other option would be to create a custom SmartList report for AA using these two SQL views that I mentioned.

If you'd like to troubleshoot the issue further, we'll probably need a support case opened so we can look at the SmartList reports, as it isn't an easy fix without doing some investigating.

Thanks,

Tanuja Patel responded on 2 Oct 2017 11:13 PM

Hi Derek,

Sure, I will do dexsql.log and update the same. Right now I have done the second option.

Need to inform that AA SmartLists are working fine with other company. Only one company have this issue.

Thanks,

Tanuja

Suggested Answer
Almas Mahfooz responded on 14 Sep 2017 2:50 AM

This post have many possible solutions, check it.

community.dynamics.com/.../209373