Undo mass modify inactivate of segment

Question Status

Suggested Answer
Justa asked a question on 15 Jun 2017 9:16 AM

can someone please advise if i have recently mass modified a segment to inactivate accounts, is there any way i can undo this, or re-activate them?

Suggested Answer
Béat Bucher responded on 19 Jun 2017 7:35 AM

Hi,

I guess that a lot of transactions have occured since you did that ? if that's the case, there is no other way to 'undo' the account inactivation then to re-activate them the same way you did the 1st operation.. How did you proceeded with the initial operation ?

You could also use the PSTL if you want to change account segments and rename or merge accounts .. but this has to be installed first if not already done.

Suggested Answer
Thasneem responded on 20 Jun 2017 1:14 PM

Use smart list to filter all accounts which has status inactive. Also add column modified date, which helps to identify recent date of modified accounts. Export the data to excel and use Integration manager to run an update integration to make account active status is equal to "YES".

Hope this solve the issue.

if this answers your question, please mark it as "Answered".

Suggested Answer
Leslie Vail responded on 29 Jun 2017 1:47 PM

Hi,

Oh this question brings me back!  I 'inactivated' a bunch of accounts 20 years ago and learned there was no 'mass modify' for 'reactivate'. Unfortunately, we didn't have SQL back then, but that helped hone my macro skills. These days, if I were to do a mass modify inactivate, I would use a SQL update statement to change it back or use a 'mail-merge' macro to check/uncheck the box.

Kind regards,

Leslie

Suggested Answer
Béat Bucher responded on 19 Jun 2017 7:35 AM

Hi,

I guess that a lot of transactions have occured since you did that ? if that's the case, there is no other way to 'undo' the account inactivation then to re-activate them the same way you did the 1st operation.. How did you proceeded with the initial operation ?

You could also use the PSTL if you want to change account segments and rename or merge accounts .. but this has to be installed first if not already done.

Suggested Answer
Thasneem responded on 20 Jun 2017 1:14 PM

Use smart list to filter all accounts which has status inactive. Also add column modified date, which helps to identify recent date of modified accounts. Export the data to excel and use Integration manager to run an update integration to make account active status is equal to "YES".

Hope this solve the issue.

if this answers your question, please mark it as "Answered".

Suggested Answer
Leslie Vail responded on 29 Jun 2017 1:47 PM

Hi,

Oh this question brings me back!  I 'inactivated' a bunch of accounts 20 years ago and learned there was no 'mass modify' for 'reactivate'. Unfortunately, we didn't have SQL back then, but that helped hone my macro skills. These days, if I were to do a mass modify inactivate, I would use a SQL update statement to change it back or use a 'mail-merge' macro to check/uncheck the box.

Kind regards,

Leslie