eConnect by unfamiliarized user

Question Status

Verified
Alvaro Rodriguez asked a question on 16 Jun 2017 10:37 AM

Hi, our accounting department is contacting a programmer that si not familirized with Dynamics GP and eConnect, they want to make an interface with our payroll system with GP.

How advisable is that someone that is not familirized with this to let them do it?

I think I know the answer, just wan't to be sure.

Thanks.

mm123 responded on 16 Jun 2017 2:40 PM

Alvaro,

We would not recommend this. You need to have the programmer with GP Programming & integration expertise, this will cut your learning curve  ( Time & cost) . FYI- We have done several similar integrations with GP , if you are interested please drop an email to learn.

sam

samr@expsoltech.com

www.expsoltech.com

Alvaro Rodriguez responded on 16 Jun 2017 3:07 PM

Thanks for your reply, yes, I know this is not recommended, but I had to have a way so I can prove our accountant that I am not lying about this.

He says that anyone can do it easilly!

Thanks again

Richard Wheeler responded on 16 Jun 2017 3:30 PM

What do accountants know? Tell them the next time they need brain surgery to go see their bartender. I hear brain surgery is easy too!

Alvaro Rodriguez responded on 16 Jun 2017 3:35 PM

Hahahahaha I know, but he thinks he knows everything, I just spoke to his superior telling him that this is not easy and def. not recommended.

Suggested Answer
Béat Bucher responded on 17 Jun 2017 10:42 AM

Hi Alvaro,

I wouldn't recommend this.  However,  there are commercial integration tools like eOne SmartConnect or ScribeSoft that would allow a good developer to quite quickly achieve what you've been looking for.

The question remains:  would you rather pay a developer that has no clue about GP or work with an ISV / Partner that knows his business?

Verified Answer
Alvaro Rodriguez responded on 19 Jun 2017 8:06 AM

Thanks for the reply Beat, I allready told him that I won't allow anyone that is not our partner, to have access to the server, that if he want's something done like this, that we should contact our partner.

Any modification is made by our partner, and no one else.

Regards.

Verified Answer
Alvaro Rodriguez responded on 19 Jun 2017 8:06 AM

Thanks for the reply Beat, I allready told him that I won't allow anyone that is not our partner, to have access to the server, that if he want's something done like this, that we should contact our partner.

Any modification is made by our partner, and no one else.

Regards.

Suggested Answer
Béat Bucher responded on 17 Jun 2017 10:42 AM

Hi Alvaro,

I wouldn't recommend this.  However,  there are commercial integration tools like eOne SmartConnect or ScribeSoft that would allow a good developer to quite quickly achieve what you've been looking for.

The question remains:  would you rather pay a developer that has no clue about GP or work with an ISV / Partner that knows his business?