Smartlist changes show up in Live and Test

Question Status

Suggested Answer
Karen Watt asked a question on 15 Jul 2017 9:50 AM

I am trying to figure out what change a new admin made to cause this to happen.  I had a test company setup for GP 2015, everything worked great but now due to some change made (I'm thinking in Smartlist Builder) every time a change to a smartlist is made the Test company it also changes in the Live company.  It appears that changes to the users "profile" in GP also changes (i.e. if I add buttons to the menu in one company it does the same in the other).  I'm pointing towards something changing in Smartlist builder because I see a lot of new reports he created in there and that is when the issues started happening.

Suggested Answer
Béat Bucher responded on 17 Jul 2017 7:19 AM

Hi KAren,

Have you checked with newly appointed GP admin that he/she does not create new multi-company smartlists ?  Under  SmartList Builder > Options > Summary   you have the option of making any SmartList (or Excel Report) multi-company aware, which would eventually result in what you experience..

I'd also try to post your question on the SmartList builder Forum on eOne's web site.. there might be a chance some support engineer from eOne would have a more suitable answer..

Suggested Answer
Béat Bucher responded on 17 Jul 2017 7:19 AM

Hi KAren,

Have you checked with newly appointed GP admin that he/she does not create new multi-company smartlists ?  Under  SmartList Builder > Options > Summary   you have the option of making any SmartList (or Excel Report) multi-company aware, which would eventually result in what you experience..

I'd also try to post your question on the SmartList builder Forum on eOne's web site.. there might be a chance some support engineer from eOne would have a more suitable answer..