AP - Entering Sub-Invoices

Question Status

Suggested Answer
kcascio asked a question on 13 Sep 2017 7:11 PM

We use Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 but our IT department has a lot of features locked out so I'm not sure what are our available options. We are having problems with duplicate invoices getting paid that are submitted by a contractor that has paid bills on our behalf. The contractor then submits those bills as an invoice.

Company A submits invoice #1 for $500. Invoice #1 includes two invoices from Company J and K for $300 and $200.

Company A submits invoice #2 for $800. Invoice #2 also includes two invoices for Company K and L for $200 (same as above) and another for $600.

The issue is that we only enter the invoice number for Company A (#1 or #2 in this example) so we can easily miss the double payment.

Is there a way to enter the invoices from Company J,K,L but cut a check to company A for payment? Or enter these invoices and apply the payables to Company A?

Thank you for the help.

Suggested Answer
Leslie Vail responded on 13 Sep 2017 7:52 PM

Here's an idea, I don't know if it will accomplish what you want, but I think it might. First of all, native GP does not have a national accounts module for vendors, so IT isn't holding back a module that would work like you want.

How about setting up a vendor ID for Companies J, K & L, but in the check name field, enter the name of Company A. Also, you would need to go into payables setup and not allow duplicate invoice numbers. Does company A include the invoice numbers for companies J, K and L?

Kind regards,

Leslie

kcascio responded on 13 Sep 2017 8:49 PM

Thank you Leslie. After googling the national account module you mentioned, I think that may be our answer. Thank you for your quick reply!

Suggested Answer
Leslie Vail responded on 13 Sep 2017 7:52 PM

Here's an idea, I don't know if it will accomplish what you want, but I think it might. First of all, native GP does not have a national accounts module for vendors, so IT isn't holding back a module that would work like you want.

How about setting up a vendor ID for Companies J, K & L, but in the check name field, enter the name of Company A. Also, you would need to go into payables setup and not allow duplicate invoice numbers. Does company A include the invoice numbers for companies J, K and L?

Kind regards,

Leslie