SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Where to start with GP system that is outdated?

Microsoft Dynamics GP Forum

mastranios asked a question on 10 Jan 2019 10:29 AM

Question Status

Unanswered

I recently took over the IT department of a company that is using GP2015 and from what I understand the maintenance has lapsed and updates haven't been applied. I am looking to either upgrade this system once everything is caught up but I am unaware of where to really start on this. 

Where can I find where the company stands on licensing for GP as well as how far behind they are?

Kerry Hataley responded on 10 Jan 2019 1:00 PM
My Badges

You have a few different approaches to handling this...

1. Contact the PARTNER that sold / serviced the Dynamics GP sale / installation

2. Contact Microsoft Directly

Unfortunate, you need an active Enhancement Plan or Support Plan to access customer source.

For more information look at Customer Source Global page... mbs.microsoft.com/.../Global

Richard Wheeler responded on 10 Jan 2019 3:53 PM
My Badges

If you feel stuck you can send me a private message and I will contact Microsoft on your behalf. A lot of us in this group have been with GP since the beginning and will do whatever it takes to get answers.

mastranios responded on 10 Jan 2019 4:19 PM

Thank you! I ended up contacting Microsoft directly after posting this and they reached out and got me on the right path. Thank you so much for the super quick response!

mastranios responded on 10 Jan 2019 4:21 PM

Richard,

Thank you! I sent an email to their support staff and they responded and got me on the right path.

Thomas Reed responded on 11 Jan 2019 1:47 PM

Your first step would be to contact your Dynamics GP Partner, who will have access to your current license status at Microsoft, and can provide a quote for getting your plan active if it has lapsed.  

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS