SBX - Forum Post Title

MR: add new company in GP

Microsoft Dynamics GP Forum

Kaylasch asked a question on 19 Feb 2019 10:24 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hello,

After adding a new company into GP, I have always rebuilt the data mart, because some of my clients would report, the reports wouldn't have the new company data in them after transactions were entered for the new companies, if I didn't rebuild it. I have been told by a consultant that you need at least one transaction in the company before you can rebuild the data mart. Is it OK to rebuild the data mart right after you create the company, or should you wait until there are transactions in the company?

Ven Sharma responded on 20 Feb 2019 4:30 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Kaylasch:

Looks like you already have the data mart built that holds financials data from other GP companies.

Have you tried adding this new company to the current data mart? That is not the same as rebuilding the data mart.

You can do this from MR Configuration console by adding this new company to the integration. The only thing you need to be sure of is a functional currency in the new company in GP. These days, MR will give you a visual cue if that is the case.

Rebuilding the data mart is required only when there is a disconnect between what you see in GP (Trial balance report or Summary Inquiry) and MR for the same account.

Cheers

Kayla Schilling responded on 20 Feb 2019 5:38 PM
My Badges

Hello Ven,

We add the company to MR, and you can see it in the DataMart, but sometimes with some clients, the transactions in the new company do not get picked up until we do a data mart rebuild. It could possibly be that they are on an older CU when this happens, but I wanted to see if there was some guidance on when or if you needed to rebuild the data mart after adding a company. I have been doing it as part of a new company creation because we have ran into clients that reported the new company transactions are not showing unless we rebuild the DM.

Ven Sharma responded on 20 Feb 2019 6:17 PM
My Badges

Kayla - Absolutely we upgraded from CU12 to CU14 and we have rebuilt the datamart only twice in 3 years. We have issues with the repository as it has become a behemoth now, but that is a different topic.
We had issues with CU12, thats why we converted to CU14.
Once we upgrade our GP to the 18r2 we will upgrade MR to cu16.

It has gotta be the CU that you are on.

Best to you.

Dedi Hermawan responded on 4 Mar 2019 10:52 PM
My Badges

Try this simulation

How to Add new Company to Report Designer on Management Reporter on my blogs

www.dynamicszr.web.id/.../how-to-add-new-company-to-report.html

Mary50 responded on 13 Mar 2019 4:15 AM

It could possibly be that they are on an older CU when this happens, diebestetest.de but I wanted to see if there was some guidance on when or if you needed to rebuild the data mart after adding a company. I have been doing it as part of a new company creation because we have ran into clients that reported the new company transactions are not showing unless we rebuild the DM.  

Kayla Schilling responded on 13 Mar 2019 10:12 AM
My Badges

I have had the same experience as Mary50 so I put rebuilding the DM as part of a new company creation task. I will stop doing this, and if a customer reports that the transactions for the new company are not showing up, I will note the CU.

Ven Sharma responded on 20 Feb 2019 4:30 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Kaylasch:

Looks like you already have the data mart built that holds financials data from other GP companies.

Have you tried adding this new company to the current data mart? That is not the same as rebuilding the data mart.

You can do this from MR Configuration console by adding this new company to the integration. The only thing you need to be sure of is a functional currency in the new company in GP. These days, MR will give you a visual cue if that is the case.

Rebuilding the data mart is required only when there is a disconnect between what you see in GP (Trial balance report or Summary Inquiry) and MR for the same account.

Cheers

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS