I'm able to start GP web client application on the server. When I try to work on a client computer I'm getting an error after Silverlight logging while the application is initializing. The error is
"An error occurred while initializing communication with the server.
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See go.microsoft.com/fwlink
Thanks in advance.
I am receiving the same error however I only get it when trying to use Firefox. Internet Explorer and Chrome work just fine.
I have the same error even with internet explorer.
I am having the same issues with multiple versions of IE or Chrome. Funny thing, its works just fine from the actual IIS server.
Did you install the Silverlight certificates on the client computer? You must run the DynamicsGPTrustedApp.msi found under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP Web Client\GPweb on your IIS server.
Technically speaking, if you deployed from the GP2013 SP2 DVD image on Partnersource you shouldn't have ran into that issue since when you launch the web client, from any other machine you are prompted to install these certs.
I am having this cross domain issue arise. I am fairly certain that the client is not always prompted to install Silverlight certs even with DynamicsGPTrustedApp.msi installed. Any guidance on installing the Silverlight certs by hand on the client to check if that will resolve it? Then figuring out why there is no request to install might be fruitful - or I might find it is not my issue.
I know installing DynamicsGPTrustedApp.msi on the client runs into a different Silverlight error [HttpWebRequest_WebException_RemoteServer] instead of [CrossDomainError] (just a wild try) when trying the Web Client in a browser; also, uninstalling it on the server computer does not affect using Web Client in a browser on the server (i.e., Web client still works).
I may just have to drop back and do a careful reinstall because I have tweaked a bunch of things along the way. But if you have a quick answer up your sleeve ...
We have come across exactly the same issue with a scale out installation of the session services. Did you find a resolution?
None yet. We are on an Azure VM for this installation and we think it maybe surrounds setting up appropriate port endpoints for Silverlight but I think that issue would have been common enough to have found in searches. We've tried endpoints that match, e.g., the Session & Central Service for the Web Client and a few other things. At any rate, no silver(light) bullet yet ;o)
We managed to fix this issue. Our issue was due to the session service and runtime ports installing incorrectly. Basically The install didn't adopt the defaults ports so we ended up with the session service on port 48650 and the runtime 48651. It should have been Session service=48651 Runtime=48652. A reinstall didn't fix the issue so we had to make sure that the SQL database, config files and registry had the correct settings. We had to complete an "netsh http add urlacl" update via cmd and change the http bindings in the registry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\HTTP\Parameters\SslBindingInfo". We also installed the DynamicsGPTrustedApp.msi which completed the fix.
Please follow the instructions in this article (link below). It fixed the issue at my end particularly the resolution (2) stated in the article below.
Good luck !!!
Here the scenario which we have deployed the web client on cloud that to resolve the cross domain error and SSL trust relationship issue.
Business Applications communities